Nigerians offered free flight out of SA 'to escape xenophobic attacks'

aleksandar

Where this exploitation idea is coming from? In our neighbourhood Zim maids/gardeners are paid above normal rate.
Until we got our gardener there was whole stack of them just showing, disappearing and you were never sure what is going on.
He is paid R350 per 6 hours work, lunch, has bonus and extras for his kids in January (actually whole year).

Question is if we looked longer would we find local one?
Honestly I do not know.

We also know stories of ministers not paying their workers (local) or paying them R800 a month.

Maybe main issue should be who gets in and what contribution they can make to SA. Are they just drain and criminally involved or law abiding contributing taxpayers.
And most importantly are they legal.

I mentioned before regarding my friend's flat in Hillbrow, nobody was complaining when foreigners took over whole area and made life impossible for any person living there who simply had to abandon their place.
It would be interesting exercise to do analysis of deeds office and see who actually owns and who lives in those hijacked buildings/houses.

Government made this mess and now it needs to do something before it escalates even more.

DeSLAM

If your foreign help in the home has legal papers to live and work in SA - you have to pay them UIF as well.

SA is a huge gateway for organised crime syndicates and believe it or not Botswana is a gateway for human trafficking between Central and Southern Africa. All exploiting Africa in different ways.

Corruption and especially state corruption (in which SA has excelled) invites organised crime.

Anyway I'm glad that one private Airline owner gave those who want to leave a FREE ticket out of South Africa. No peace loving person wants to live under fear for their life all the time in a foreign country.

Last edited:

Sollie

Expert Member
Yes, or shortly. Prepare for a new crime free SA :ROFL: :ROFL:
Sorry to disappoint
Saturday Sun gathered that several big-time ‘Yahoo boys’ operating in Nigeria have since fled the country for fear that the FBI-backed EFCC investigation might affect them. They were said to have moved to neighbouring West African countries, especially Ghana and Gambia. Others are in South Africa while those who still have clean records have chosen to stay in Dubai till further notice.

Sollie

Expert Member
I raise you a billionaire ... ;)

Actually - this link has been selected more for the comments more than the content. I suggest search for other Yahoo boy arrests and look. Many of them think it's their god given right to scam.

dj2381

Expert Member
I wouldn't be surprised. Anyone who complains about conditions (no appropriate PPE for example) is labeled lazy and summarily dismissed. Of course you get lazy bums...
Lots of assumptions here, from my own experience as well as those in my industry it is a known fact in my circles that locals are lazy, and generally half arse most work given to them, this also leads to more over time and extra costs which the contractor has to cough up, BTW PPE is mandatory on any construction or building site. You won't even be allowed to step foot onto site without it and is generally provided by the contractor, but please carry on.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Lots of assumptions here, from my own experience as well as those in my industry it is a known fact in my circles that locals are lazy, and generally half arse most work given to them, this also leads to more over time and extra costs which the contractor has to cough up, BTW PPE is mandatory on any construction or building site. You won't even be allowed to step foot onto site without it and is generally provided by the contractor, but please carry on.
I don't do "white shirt and tie" kind of work either. What I posted is based on real life observations in my little circle. Yes, I've seen manifestation of laziness but also horror stories of ill-treatment and outright abuse.

dj2381

Expert Member
I don't do "white shirt and tie" kind of work either. What I posted is based on real life observations in my little circle. Yes, I've seen manifestation of laziness but also horror stories of ill-treatment and outright abuse.
Maybe the laziness is a Cape Town thing :p

Kelerei

Expert Member
Nigerians? Does anyone work with Nigerians?
I did, back on the Webafrica development team in 2010-2013. Probably the most genuine, friendly, honest and hard-working colleague I've ever had.

Sadly, he was affected by Webafrica retrenching almost the entire development team in 2013 (I was one of the few spared, but quickly became dissatisfied with the way the company, and particularly the remains of the development team was being run -- pro tip, never let an accounting drone manage technical matters -- and left of my own accord months later). I've lost contact with him, but a quick look at his LinkedIn profile reveals he's made a great success out of his career.

access

Executive Member
When did local become the new black?
a while ago there was a historical discussion which used settlers and locals to differentiate between people in the discussion, since the people here at the time were local and the ones arriving were not, it seemed obvious but it clearly was not for some. myblackband latched on to it and sang the tune ever since.

anyway

nigerians offering anything for free should be met with caution! lol :ROFL:

surface

Executive Member
to sum it up, all nigerians are extremely genuine, friendly, honest and hard-working people but there are some who moonlight as drug lords or criminals? Did I get it right? Wouldn't this be applicable to almost any community in the world? Like humans?

SweetFennyAdams

Expert Member
Every foreigner who is paroled for a crime in SA should be declared persona no grata and deported on the spot.