Nimrod Nkosi

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
I'm sure anyone that plays the lottery or has heard the announcer on E-TV knows who Nimrod Nkosi is.

<rant>
Could someone please tell me how someone that can't even string two words together without bastardising them managed to become an announcer AND a presenter?

I am so tired of watching something on E-TV and hearing him mispronounce nearly every word that plops out of his mouth... Especially when watching the lottery and seeing him completely ravage wit.
</rant>

Anyone else feel the same? Or am I just frustrated because I rarely ever use my TV set and haven't yet learned to endure it? :mad:

"Bed bois" is my latest irritation -.-'

Nick333

Honorary Master
lol. Nimrod is the absolute worst presenter on SA TV.

He seems to think he is so smooth and debonair too.

Is it just me or has he actually gotten worse over the years?

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
lol. Nimrod is the absolute worst presenter on SA TV.

He seems to think he is so smooth and debonair too.

Is it just me or has he actually gotten worse over the years?
I agree. I don't really recall what he was like from the start - I was never a fan of TV, and when I was it was Cartoon Network all the way :p Well, that and Discovery.

As I said though - he has a fantastic manner of bastardising words, wit and humour in ways never before seen.

I think it was two or three weeks ago where he was cracking bad jokes like there was no tomorrow on the lottery.

i try not to listen to the announcers but then again i have dstv so i just goto one of the other numerous channels
No DSTV any more :) Not since I moved out of parents' house three years ago. Been thinking of getting it, but then I don't really watch TV so it's never been something I've put much thought into. I have a fair amount of DVDs with series like Blackadder, Thin Blue Line and a few others lying around. The way I see it, it's money much better spent on either buying a game, a cap or a new book.

But Jeez... Nimrod just works on my tits in ways I've never experienced before. Seriously - who named their kid... NIMROD? And what kind of kid reaches adulthood and doesn't change that name?

Definition of "nimrod" courtesy of Wiktionary:

nimrod (plural nimrods)

1. (informal, pejorative) A silly or foolish person; An idiot.

Pooky

Garfield's Teddy
Hey guys he is my favourite presenter he is too funnnnny!

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
Hey guys he is my favourite presenter he is too funnnnny!
So are the later stages of syphilis, that doesn't mean I want to endure him while waiting to see if I've won a million bucks or after/during a pivotal moment in a movie. He's an absolute anti-climax. I feel braincells dying whenever I hear him open his trap.

Pooky

Garfield's Teddy
Ah come on you can have a good laugh while watching to see if you have won!

LancelotSA

Banned
OK I must come from another planet as I was just watching the draw the other night - only cos it was mid way through a movie - and I thought that I really like him. He seems genuine and is always cheerful.

I really think some people see a problem where none exists. Stop worrying yourself about things that you have no control over and will in no way affect you.

Nick333

Honorary Master
Ah come on you can have a good laugh while watching to see if you have won!
Seriously though, do you mean funny as in Idols try-outs funny or as in you enjoy his sense of humor?

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
OK I must come from another planet as I was just watching the draw the other night - only cos it was mid way through a movie - and I thought that I really like him. He seems genuine and is always cheerful.

I really think some people see a problem where none exists. Stop worrying yourself about things that you have no control over and will in no way affect you.
It affects me since I pay my TV license and I get him and cheap/disgusting pr0nz in return.

I find that he's about as genuine as crayon-drawn R100 note.

LancelotSA

Banned
So are the later stages of syphilis, that doesn't mean I want to endure him while waiting to see if I've won a million bucks or after/during a pivotal moment in a movie. He's an absolute anti-climax. I feel braincells dying whenever I hear him open his trap.
Damn you better stop watching.... we can't be sure how much longer you will last....

You do of course realise you could save yourself from this apparent suffering and get the results sms'ed to you. Or wait for the results in the paper the next day...

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
Damn you better stop watching.... we can't be sure how much longer you will last....

You do of course realise you could save yourself from this apparent suffering and get the results sms'ed to you. Or wait for the results in the paper the next day...
www.lottofun.co.za ;) I can't help but torture myself :D

Regardless, I still have to put up with him if I watch a movie on E-TV or a sitcom :p

LancelotSA

Banned
It affects me since I pay my TV license and I get him and cheap/disgusting pr0nz in return.

I find that he's about as genuine as crayon-drawn R100 note.
Well Pooky and I have proven that one man's meat is another's poison. SABC can't please everyone.

I accept the fact that we live in a country where people have different accents and not everyone speaks queen's English.

Lycanthrope

Honorary Master
Well Pooky and I have proven that one man's meat is another's poison. SABC can't please everyone.

I accept the fact that we live in a country where people have different accents and not everyone speaks queen's English.
*nod* Which is why I asked whether it's just me that feels this way. Obviously it's not, but that those that feel the way I do are in a minority since he still rules the lottery roost.

Queen's English is one thing, talking like Daffy Duck after a visit to a volatile dentist is another matter altogether :p