Ninja leaves Twitch for Microsoft's Mixer

cyb3rt

Feels like Bezos had inside info on this happening. Selling so much Amazon stock right before this happens... Hmmm

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
For the new generation this is similar to the springboks only playing games being broadcast on OpenTV or whatever multichoice competitor exists.
I see.

I disagree with the "new generation" part though. A 22 year old just won the Tour de France. There are still kids playing sport and still kids sitting on their arses watching others play sport. The same holds for esports.

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
I see.

I disagree with the "new generation" part though. A 22 year old just won the Tour de France. There are still kids playing sport and still kids sitting on their arses watching others play sport. The same holds for esports.
Did you see the fortnite world cup recently played?

Not saying everyone will be dropping sport, just that esports are becoming a true competitor to sports as we know it.

I mentioned new generation as you asked, who gives a ****, they do.
https://www.businessinsider.com/fortnite-world-cup-prize-money-schedule-2019-4?IR=T

$40mil....

Magnum

Expert Member
These guys are celebrities in their own right. As long as they perform they make good money. Falls inline with social media manipulators. Never watch them though.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Did you see the fortnite world cup recently played?

Not saying everyone will be dropping sport, just that esports are becoming a true competitor to sports as we know it.
My point is that some kids want to run fast and some want to play computer games. Nothing has changed. People will be people.

RedViking

Nord of the South
This is equivalent to a PewDiePot going over to Vimeo or something? From a platform that is very well supported to a platform that I assume is not as much supported, and the only way would be for Microsoft to pay him more than the revenue he would have received through twitch. Hopefully it works out well for him in the long run....

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Does Microsoft promote thier mixer streams on the homescreen of the Xbox One?