Nintendo isn't worried about the PSP2

jes

MyBroadband Alumnus
Nintendo isn't worried about the PSP2

Nintendo's President Satoru Iwata is unfazed by rival Sony's plans for an upgraded successor to the PlayStation Portable, confident that his company's 3-D handheld game machine going on sale next month has a competitive edge.

GforceD

Executive Member
Wii kicked ass in sales against the PS3 and Xbox 360 for years untill both companys were forced to copy Wii with the PS Move and the Kinect. Yet both PS3 and X360 were HD consoles and clearly superior to the Wii.
So why should Nintendo worry. They've got the mobile 3D console out the door first. Now Sony and Microsoft (well only sony really since Microsoft don't do portable yet) have to copy them once again.

BBotha

Always remember games sell hardware. If the games suck us much on the PSP2 as it did on the PSP then its not gonna win any sales wars. They will probably copy the App Store and sell games for R8 a pop.

Now count on you fingers how many good PSP games there are? Then let me know when you get to your second hand.....

AcidT

I might stand corrected here but didn't Sony hit the market first with their Playstation Eye-toy that integrated human movement into games and then Nintendo just took that one step further by introducing the controller instead of the camera which Sony and MS now also did with their consoles.

I still think this whole handheld 3D thingy is just a gimic. With 3D you have to go big or go home....

Thats my opinion anyway...

P.S. I will never in my life by one of the new handheld consoles for my kids because these days all kids can do is sit infrom of a TV, PC or a console and not do anything constructive with their lives.

MarthinusSwart

I might stand corrected here but didn't Sony hit the market first with their Playstation Eye-toy that integrated human movement into games and then Nintendo just took that one step further by introducing the controller instead of the camera which Sony and MS now also did with their consoles.

I still think this whole handheld 3D thingy is just a gimic. With 3D you have to go big or go home....

Thats my opinion anyway...

P.S. I will never in my life by one of the new handheld consoles for my kids because these days all kids can do is sit infrom of a TV, PC or a console and not do anything constructive with their lives.
Yes, the eye toy was out on PS2 already.