Nissan Qashqai vs Renault Duster (used)

Vanguard1ZA

Hi all... I'm interested in getting an SUV, but will have to buy used. I'm currently looking at the Qashqai or Duster... any opinions from people who have owned either of these will be appreciated.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
duster is just plastic inside :(

Get the cashcow 1.5/1.6 DCI TEKNA, with the touchscreen display.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Which year models? anyway the Qashqai is a much better car than a Duster, unless you stay in a rural area somewhere, then the Duster would be the more robust.

Vanguard1ZA

Two good points coming out so far... build quality and the fact that I frequently travel dirt roads etc... Year models would be 2014 or newer.

I will be traveling to work but on weekends short bits of dirt road to the farm and then once a month I go do endurance horse riding events so that is usually also accompanied by a lot of dirt roads.

unobeat

I always liked the Qashqai and even the new one looks very pretty on paper.
What is your budget?

RickMaver47

Owned 2 QQ's now since 2015, awesome cars, lots of space and nice to drive on and off road.

However....

Both have had technical issues. Latest one, 2018 1.5dci Tekna, something to do with the turbo boost module or something or another.

neilronaldson

Hi all... I'm interested in getting an SUV, but will have to buy used. I'm currently looking at the Qashqai or Duster... any opinions from people who have owned either of these will be appreciated.
We own both, qashqai is the more refined car - but duster is cheaper but does the job...I took my dads 2015 duster and no issues yet, took it at 24 000km now on 66 000 - only thing i dont like about the engine is it still has a CAMBELT!!! R6k to replace and its due now...qashqai's have a timing chain. The Duster - Because of the smaller 1.5 dci motor lots of turbo lag - its dead below 1500rpm but once you going - it goes nicely - Dont try take gaps, you will fail miserably - I achieve 1000km's on a tank - guaranteed if i fill up properly and drive nicely.

RickMaver47

We own both, qashqai is the more refined car - but duster is cheaper but does the job...I took my dads 2015 duster and no issues yet, took it at 24 000km now on 66 000 - only thing i dont like about the engine is it still has a CAMBELT!!! R6k to replace and its due now...qashqai's have a timing chain. The Duster - Because of the smaller 1.5 dci motor lots of turbo lag - its dead below 1500rpm but once you going - it goes nicely - Dont try take gaps, you will fail miserably - I achieve 1000km's on a tank - guaranteed if i fill up properly and drive nicely.
Qashqai diesel consumption just as good, amazing in fact. But yeah, not much power below 1500rpm, keep it above that and you're all good