Nissan Qashqai vs Renault Duster (used)

neilronaldson

My wife has the 2L diesel qashqai (now replaced by a 1600 diesel) I guess they make the motor smaller and slap on a bigger turbo - not sure.

Best mileage i got with the qashqai was 850km on a tank.
She owned 3 bmw's the last diesel BMW we got 1200km - I believe you can still get that with the X3... I guess it comes down to the size of the tanks - which if i remember correctly are more or less 60Litres for both.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Cashcow looks pretty? Do need the phone number of a good optometrist?
Here's the thing with French cars..
They all resemble toads... I kid you not, even from the old lawnmower types (old Renaults) to today, they all look like toads.
The Cashcow looks like a toad exposed to hard radiation

L-Dog

Expert Member
You can also look at the Rav 4 or the Forester. I have a Duster and really happy with the car except the engine which is under powered but at that price you can't expect much more.

joshuatree

Expert Member
You can also look at the Rav 4 or the Forester. I have a Duster and really happy with the car except the engine which is under powered but at that price you can't expect much more.
Which engine - the 1.6 petrol or 1.5 dci ?
What is your fuel consumption and how many kilometres has the engine done ?
Nothing falling apart ?

L-Dog

Expert Member
Which engine - the 1.6 petrol or 1.5 dci ?
What is your fuel consumption and how many kilometres has the engine done ?
Nothing falling apart ?
I have the 1.6 petrol, think the dci has more power. Fuel consumption is around 8.5-9.0 l a kilo but I don't drive super economically, diesel will perform a lot better.

Haven't had any mechanical or quality issues with the car, really impressed over the last couple of years just can't handle the weak engine on the long roads

joshuatree

Expert Member
I have the 1.6 petrol, think the dci has more power. Fuel consumption is around 8.5-9.0 l a kilo but I don't drive super economically, diesel will perform a lot better.

Haven't had any mechanical or quality issues with the car, really impressed over the last couple of years just can't handle the weak engine on the long roads
I assume you mean 8,5-9 l / 100km ?
Thanks.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
They all resemble toads... I kid you not, even from the old lawnmower types (old Renaults) to today, they all look like toads.
I just do not see the toadness :unsure::

1555491829647.png

Solitude

Executive Member
Pfft. My Megane is one of the most beautiful cars on the road.

Also, I'm on my second Renault. Have never had problems and the service centre here by me have been great. One of the reasons why I stayed with Renault.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Pfft. My Megane is one of the most beautiful cars on the road.

Also, I'm on my second Renault. Have never had problems and the service centre here by me have been great. One of the reasons why I stayed with Renault.
Megane, yes... looks like a frog too, if the Pokémon Company designed a French Car

Eric

Honorary Master
Qashqai beats the duster for safety hands down afaik.

Varktjop

Expert Member
Qashqai hands down. I have a friend that owns the 2014 facelift model and he's never had an issue. The new Duster's are quite impressive, but the older models, not that much. If you're interested in looking at something else, take a look at Hyundai's iX35. I have one and I love it. No complaints

joshuatree

Expert Member
The first Dusters came from India , thereafter in a bid for better quality from Romania from 2015/2016 onwards - an easy way to distinguish the two is the front grill on the later one having two chrome strips and not the three as with the one from India. You would rather have one from Romania.

smi

Expert Member
Hi all... I'm interested in getting an SUV, but will have to buy used. I'm currently looking at the Qashqai or Duster... any opinions from people who have owned either of these will be appreciated.
Have you looked at station wagons? Mercedes, Volvo, Subura, spacious vehicles.