Nites.tv - free as in free lunch?

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
latter
spyware
You might want to read this.
As South Korean security expert Seung-Jin Lee showed in 2013, there's no security worthy of the name in most smart TVs. Lee showed 10 different vulnerabilities that would allow him to get a root shell on the device.

Root? Yes, you see this particular TV ran all of its applications as root. Which means, for those of you not from the Unix/Linux world, that a cracker would get absolute control over the "smart" TV.

I am absolutely sure there has been no improvement in smart TV security since then.

So, what can you do?
https://www.zdnet.com/article/how-to-keep-your-smart-tv-from-spying-on-you/

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Slow news day? Putlockers have been doing it for ages and work with Kodi. Nothing new here.

joshuatree

Expert Member
Do you have a link for the app?
I've been using it on my phone and it won't cast to the TV.
Yip, just tested the site and the casting button does not follow through and not working.

However, casting works through Web Video Caster app on android - just enter nites.tv into Web Video Caster's browser and select whatever to play, pressing play on the actual movie/series window and then the yellow play button on top of browser and select the stream.

Daruk

Honorary Master
You can make these web wrapper apps in two minutes online for any website
That didn't answer my question. You can add any arb code to your web wrapper to spy on people as well.

Zyk1

Expert Member
Nite.tv was freely accessible for couple of weeks. As of two days ago it was removed.
It was great while it lasted. Watched about 8 movies.
Used Puffin browser on my LIT box and went to the website.
HD quality.

rambo919

Executive Member
So is putlocker alive again or just being used as a catchall for licit streaming sites? Thought it died for good last year?