Nkosana Makate wants billions from Vodacom for Please Call Me idea

Gudnews

Sadly I fear even if he wins he would have lost. We're not machines, feelings have to be accounted for and maybe he's still got some joy he could salvage.

airborne

Honorary Master
Does anyone know what the agreement is between him and his lawyers in terms of fees and the settlement split?

What kind of legal expenses would he theoretically have racked up by now?

Swa

Honorary Master
Our newest Dollar billionaire... NOT

Solarion

Honorary Master
Big corporations and governments count on the average person not being able to touch them as they rake their users over the coals. It is why they get away with non payment, crappy service delivery or screwing you over with contractual double talk and hidden pit falls.

Any one of you who have done work for a massive company and after 6 months or even years of not getting paid and simply being told the same old time used excuse: "We don't have any documentation of this agreement" would understand why he did it.

Whatever his personal reasons are is besides the point. Here's one guy that took on a multi billion dollar entity where most people would have not even tried.

j4ck455

Executive Member
Nkosana Makate says he deserves billions from Vodacom for suggesting a Please Call Me service to the company. Vodacom, however, feels that its R47 million offer is fair.
And I suggest that anyone who has ever been spammed with "Please Call Me" messages, opens a civil case to claim damages from Makate because PCM spam was all his idea and he should be held financially accountable.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
Even should his greed be placated, his ego won't be. If he fits the mould, should he get his loot, he will right himself off squandering whatever his lawyers leave behind. In his death, all will seem fair.

karnuffel

Expert Member
I think he has a lot of people to pay, hope he will have something left for himself when this ends someday

Oldfut

I suspect he's in a bit of a hole with his legal; team financing, or organising the finance for, his challenges. They are doubling down for more.