Nkosana Makate wants billions from Vodacom for Please Call Me idea

rvZA

Expert Member
He will not get this. Not in South Africa. Not in these courts. He is being advised terribly wrong by his legal team.

Everyones-a-Wally

Honorary Master
Makate wants billions from Vodacom

Nkosana Makate says he deserves billions from Vodacom for suggesting a Please Call Me service to the company. Vodacom, however, feels that its R47 million offer is fair.

Where have I heard this before?

Oh wait... 8 years ago

Petec

Expert Member
If you listen to what they are saying - even the Vodacom COE/Legal Team - why is there zero mention that Makate did not actually invent the app/system. He merely referred it to his higher ups.

marco79

Expert Member
He cannot accept R47m as his legal fees are much higher than this.

Temujin

Honorary Master
He cannot accept R47m as his legal fees are much higher than this.
^^ Between the lawyers and him living the high life for years by bumming so much loots off his 'backers' with promises of 10x'ing their millions loaned to him over the years he probably owes hundreds of millions to various cadres at this point :ROFL: Something something counting chickens something

BuckRogers

First of all, PCM was not his idea, MTN initiated it.
Second, I cannot understand how you can claim the profits of an implementation while being a salaried employee of that company. It is the intellectual property of the company as you produced it for them while being paid for the service. Maybe Vodacom can claim all his salaries and interest back as he seems to have spent his time on things other than what he was employed for.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
He will not get this. Not in South Africa. Not in these courts. He is being advised terribly wrong by his legal team.
Some thought he wasn't entitled to anything, we've come a long way since then, haven't we?

surface

Honorary Master
Some thought he wasn't entitled to anything, we've come a long way since then, haven't we?
Makate should have taken "Please call me" concept to Saudi government and joined some organization like Johan Steyn did from Denel. Then, he would be the darling of the mybb elites because he did nothing wrong.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
This im hoping is how it ends
Makate ends up bankrupt because of stubborn refusal to accept what was a very decent number
^^ Between the lawyers and him living the high life for years by bumming so much loots off his 'backers' with promises of 10x'ing their millions loaned to him over the years he probably owes hundreds of millions to various cadres at this point :ROFL: Something something counting chickens something

rvZA

Expert Member

Being entitled to something and getting billions and trillions in compensation from a court is two different things. Let's see how hardup the courts are to destroy the economy along with the ANC. Never before in the old SA did courts ever allow such compensation.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
He still isn't entitled to ****
Getting an offer of a handout doesn't really make his argument any more valid,and you know that. They bowed to mob-pressure. So congrats I guess? Democracy at work and all

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Getting an offer of a handout doesn't really make his argument any more valid,and you know that. They bowed to mob-pressure. So congrats I guess? Democracy at work and all
The R47m wasn't an offer of goodwill or handout from Vodacom, they were actually compelled by the court to compensate him, based on his arguments in court, whether you think he is entitled to the payment or not is irrelevant don't you think?

Last edited:

supersunbird

Honorary Master

Concourt?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
First of all, PCM was not his idea, MTN initiated it.
Second, I cannot understand how you can claim the profits of an implementation while being a salaried employee of that company. It is the intellectual property of the company as you produced it for them while being paid for the service. Maybe Vodacom can claim all his salaries and interest back as he seems to have spent his time on things other than what he was employed for.

Concounrt found that Vodacom had said it will pay him.