No airtime or SMSs on Rain Mobile

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
No airtime or SMSs on Rain Mobile

Rain’s mobile offering has launched to a mix of both happy and less-than-satisfied reactions.

Rain offers users a single plan of 5c per MB, which works out to R50 per GB, and users only pay for what they use.

cygx1

Banned
It's success remains to be seen...

and there is the issue for those who don't have dual sim phones, or only have 1 phone and still need to make/receive normal voice calls.

Dan C

Honorary Master
So far happy with mine. Couldn't care less for SMS's.

dotcat

no sim cards either.... fixed the title "No airtime or SMSs or sim cards on Rain Mobile"

bboy

Expert Member
Shaped too death as well, can't even RDP into my servers

Neil Crawford

Rain is only available in the main urban areas - once out of the limited coverage area you go dark as there is no roaming agreement with other mobile providers.

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
Apart from spotty coverage under certain circumstances, Rain does exactly as it says it does on the tin as far as I'm concerned. It's not supposed to replace your existing greedy wireless operator.

awvince

Expert Member
Quick thought, should rain not be competing with the likes of Telkom where i can get anytime data for R250 for 10gb as apposed to R50 per gig

Chris24747

I've ordered a phone and 2 sims through their site, but am still waiting for some type of communication from the courier. Their customer service is not up to scratch just yet.

wernervn

I've ordered a phone and 2 sims through their site, but am still waiting for some type of communication from the courier. Their customer service is not up to scratch just yet.
I've ordered 2 sims and a router, scheduled for delivery today between 4 and 6 PM. On Monday morning 10 AM the courier arrived at my house wanting to deliver. It took me a couple of hours to get hold of someone on the Rain website chat client, who said they would pass on the information to the couriers again.

I've heard positive feedback from people who have received their orders, but the customer service seems to be totally inadequate for the demand

Edit: Well the courier didn't arrive :mad:

Last edited:

Swa

Honorary Master
These guys look more and more like a damp squib.

Calvinmaartens

Yeah well, I honestly can't complain about the customer service at rain. Ordered my sim on the 8th of June, well that slipped through the cracks because there was a problem with their payment system. A week later I ordered again, and paid again. Today is an exact week, no sign of delivery, even tho I was promised delivery this week. Their online chat thing is pointless. Keep disconnecting me. (Not network related). My calls just get dropped so that doesn't help. So yes. I can't complain about service as there is none.

Glad to see some people got Sims tho.

Swa

Honorary Master
Yeah well, I honestly can't complain about the customer service at rain. Ordered my sim on the 8th of June, well that slipped through the cracks because there was a problem with their payment system. A week later I ordered again, and paid again. Today is an exact week, no sign of delivery, even tho I was promised delivery this week. Their online chat thing is pointless. Keep disconnecting me. (Not network related). My calls just get dropped so that doesn't help. So yes. I can't complain about service as there is none.

Glad to see some people got Sims tho.
May be for the best.