No alternative to crappy Webafrica in Parklands. What next?

kombi-man

Frogfoot are the ONLY fibretothehome operators in my street in Parklands. Is there a way to NOT use Webafrica? Also not entirely sure who is the actual problem, Frogfoot or Webafrica, but, with ZERO support or contactability except a 12 hour plus delayed Whatsapp service, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place right now. 900 bucks a month for half-mediocre service, which drops when it feels like it, and no one knows why? or where the issue is!!!!!

Jeez and I thought we were in deep, dark africa with Telkom's ADSL, this **** isn't much better..

#ventoff.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
You can use any ISP that operates on the Frogfoot network.

kombi-man

So, it looks like you're also offering an identical service, same price, etc.. Is the pricing fixed across ISP's? (50 down and up @ 950-00 per month)...
I dunno if it's gonna be more pain than it's worth tbh...

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
So, it looks like you're also offering an identical service, same price, etc.. Is the pricing fixed across ISP's? (50 down and up @ 950-00 per month)...
It's not fixed, we were on FF first for what it's worth :)

At least you have us to escalate to?

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic

See if Afrihost can set you up with a test account.

@AfriNatic

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Not an identical service

Cool ideas will work hard at the fno to get your issues fixed...

lloydb

Ditch WA fast! It’s like they pushing their nonexistent / 12hr delay WhatsApp support service. You will get better support from virtually any other ISP!

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Frogfoot are the ONLY fibretothehome operators in my street in Parklands. Is there a way to NOT use Webafrica? Also not entirely sure who is the actual problem, Frogfoot or Webafrica, but, with ZERO support or contactability except a 12 hour plus delayed Whatsapp service, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place right now. 900 bucks a month for half-mediocre service, which drops when it feels like it, and no one knows why? or where the issue is!!!!!

Jeez and I thought we were in deep, dark africa with Telkom's ADSL, this **** isn't much better..

#ventoff.
Parklands in Table View? If so you guys have endless problems... im across the road on Vumatel...

kombi-man

Yeah forget Afrihost, was originally with them and their shaping antics just drove me up the wall. left them to WA. Now am DREADING the process to change again, but i have to.. I can't handle the continual drops, with no ffkin clue as to why, who, where, for how long, nada!

I also race some Online Simracing, and Stream races for local leagues to youtube, so, need a rock-solid working solution.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Are you currently online? I'm in Parklands with WA too and I've been offline since 10:50. I know there's been an Octotel outage in melkbos since yesterday morning but it didn't affect me here. Not sure if it is related but would be handy to know if you're still online or not.

EDIT: Worst fears confirmed. Who knows how long this one will be out for...
Capture.JPG

Last edited:

kombi-man

Hey, no, I'm up. I "bounced" yesterday afternoon, around 4:00 in the afternoon, for about half an hour, but it came back up and it's still up.. Sorry to hear about your issue.
Just got off the phone with sales at cool ideas.. And I'm just as gatvol. Even the ISP cannot guarantee Fk all with regards to how long or short, or quick my "line" will be activated because everything is dependent of the Fibre service provider, that beein fkkn frogfoot!

So, If I give Webafrica 30 days notice, and 24 hours before the end of that notification period, I pre-empt Cool ideas to start the ball rolling, and let's say Webafrica "release" my line to frogfoot, Cool ideas can't guarantee I'll be back online the next day, it might be anything from 24 to 72 hours, or LONGER! They are dependent on the Fibre supplier!

I thought this fibre is like an off/on switch, you know.. And we're supposed to be in the 2st century, wtf is this 24 to 72 hours ****! Surely it's a matter of re-patching my fibre terminating point from one ISP to another?!

I'm too **** scared to cancel because I have no clue how long it'll take to come back up through cool ideas.

Something's VERY wrong in the industry here.

kombi-man

Maybe I should rename the subject line to FROGFOOT! This whole fibre to the home bull might benefit other areas where there IS competition, but where there isn't, as in this case, it's a pointless excercise. Same situation as I was in 15 years ago, when there was ONLY Telkom copper, and their rubbish service!

Oh well.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hey, no, I'm up. I "bounced" yesterday afternoon, around 4:00 in the afternoon, for about half an hour, but it came back up and it's still up.. Sorry to hear about your issue.
Just got off the phone with sales at cool ideas.. And I'm just as gatvol. Even the ISP cannot guarantee Fk all with regards to how long or short, or quick my "line" will be activated because everything is dependent of the Fibre service provider, that beein fkkn frogfoot!

So, If I give Webafrica 30 days notice, and 24 hours before the end of that notification period, I pre-empt Cool ideas to start the ball rolling, and let's say Webafrica "release" my line to frogfoot, Cool ideas can't guarantee I'll be back online the next day, it might be anything from 24 to 72 hours, or LONGER! They are dependent on the Fibre supplier!

I thought this fibre is like an off/on switch, you know.. And we're supposed to be in the 2st century, wtf is this 24 to 72 hours ****! Surely it's a matter of re-patching my fibre terminating point from one ISP to another?!

I'm too **** scared to cancel because I have no clue how long it'll take to come back up through cool ideas.

Something's VERY wrong in the industry here.
It's a vlan change from Frogfoots side, it is typically less than that time frame to switch. And we advertise what the FNO tells us.

thehuman

Expert Member
Schedule moving to CI end of may , April end of month falls on a weekend, not sure if frogfoot open over weekends for vlan changes.