No assistance from Afrihost or Internet Solutions. Rain network is down from 06 Dec

IstominIS

Hi all.
Please, advise what to do. I have fixed wireless from afrihost from 21 November 2017. In the evening of 6 December signal for rain disappeared completely. I can't get any feedback from Afrihost or internet solutions. I get only stupid advises to reboot or reset my router. Tested router in different location (town) and it works perfectly. I tried myself to get hold of IS who should deal with the matter but their contact centre can't get their LTE team also-very busy. I'm stuck.
At the same time my Vodacom and MTN signal also died. I have finally got answer from Vodacom today and they have power failure to tower that they share with MTN and owner of the property where the tower is has forbidden to have generators running.... Vodacom has dispute open with Eskom but it can be an ongoing process forever... Hope rain is not doing through Vodacom and MTN and it is not connected.
I'm in Vanderbijlpark, cherry Street.
Thanks....

IstominIS

Only complained here yesterday, and now everything is working. I should have written here long time ago...

Vulcan Greeting

Hi there,

How is your Rain LTE signal now (29/12/2017)? Mine disconnected yesterday and is still inactive. Also stay in Cherry street Vanderbijlpark.

IstominIS

Hi there,

How is your Rain LTE signal now (29/12/2017)? Mine disconnected yesterday and is still inactive. Also stay in Cherry street Vanderbijlpark.
Hi. Yesterday was three times connecting and disconnecting and in the evening died until now. I noticed that it is roaming through Vodacom tower as my Vodacom signal died as well last time and yesterday.
No feedback yet from afrihost.

cavedog

Honorary Master
So my cousin stays in Lydenburg and because Eskom is cutting the power due to non paying municipalities it's also causing the tower to go down for like a day or so.

The problem with LTE is it drains the towers battery very quickly and to be honest I doubt Rain has batteries running on their towers as they only offer LTE and not 2g ir 3g.

With MTN in Centurion there was a power outage so LTE lasted about 2 hours then 5 hours with 3G before the tower died.

IstominIS

So my cousin stays in Lydenburg and because Eskom is cutting the power due to non paying municipalities it's also causing the tower to go down for like a day or so.

The problem with LTE is it drains the towers battery very quickly and to be honest I doubt Rain has batteries running on their towers as they only offer LTE and not 2g ir 3g.

With MTN in Centurion there was a power outage so LTE lasted about 2 hours then 5 hours with 3G before the tower died.
While I was out from home I called and Vodacom and afrihost to find out feedback. But when I came back home - internet is on....

silkenphoenixx

If you signed up with Afrihost, it may be better to post on their section of the forum, their people don't watch this section too closely.