No bailout if SABC does not take action against corrupt leaders

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
No bailout if SABC does not take action against corrupt leaders

The SABC needs to take action against those who caused its collapse, including Hlaudi Motsoeneng, if it wants money from the National Treasury.

This is according to a report in the Sunday Times, which said the National Treasury is imposing stringent conditions on the SABC before releasing emergency funding.

Craig

Honorary Master
Good. And if they don't, close it down. I doubt anyone would miss it.

j4ck455

Executive Member
“The SABC must investigate the financial meltdown, and report on progress in holding to account people implicated in previous investigations into corruption and mismanagement,” the report said.
If the SABC's current management doesn't know what the previous bunch of corrupt incompetents did wrong, they too should be sacked for incompetence.

I would like to say that the Hawks should be investigating corruption at numerous SOEs, but I'm not convinced that the Hawks will ever be redeemable as they were created by the chief of corruption, Zuma himself.

The Hawks should be disbanded and replaced with individuals with high levels of integrity that are almost impossible to corrupt, those individuals should then investigate corruption at SOEs. I expect many of the people with the skills and integrity to conduct such investigations emigrated long ago.

So.. anyone with a theory as to why Eskom was given a bailout + a bonus without any conditions?
I don't know about you but I prefer having electricity and the country's economy would not exist without electricity, I would however prefer to see the dead wood removed from Eskom before tax payers money is just thrown at Eskom's event horizon.