No better protection for US than spying, says NSA chief

nilsloff

There is not one shred of evidence, and Congress admits it, that all this mass collection of data prevents terrorism.

HideInLight

Expert Member
The NSA reminds me of hoarders, collecting all that data but in the end of the day it's just all useless junk that suffocates them. You have to be very paranoid or have some really dark secret in order to be afraid of the NSA, I say let them enjoy their "somewhat pointless" hobby of information overload.

_TrXtR_

Expert Member
NSA chief says he knows of no better way to protect the US from foreign threats than with spy programs that collect information from around the world.

When in his life has he ever seen it work? I dont recall them stopping many if any?

Space_Chief

Honorary Master
There is not one shred of evidence, and Congress admits it, that all this mass collection of data prevents terrorism.

But it gathers some nice intel to know what your "allies" and competitors are planning.

Space_Chief

Honorary Master
The NSA reminds me of hoarders, collecting all that data but in the end of the day it's just all useless junk that suffocates them. You have to be very paranoid or have some really dark secret in order to be afraid of the NSA, I say let them enjoy their "somewhat pointless" hobby of information overload.

Well not really. Suppose you have nothing to hide, what's stopping someone modifying some of that info to make you look bad, for political reasons? It's not as if you're going to be able to prove, that wasn't you browsing that website or calling that person. And even if you could prove it, the public will already remember you as being tainted by doing some dodgy things.

_TrXtR_

Expert Member

Ey, did you notice how some people have been publicly sharing that private information? I wonder how many there are that dont make it publicly known that they have shared your personal information with identity thieves? I'm sure there would be a good market for some of their data.

"You have to be very paranoid or have some really dark secret."
Do you have children?

Space_Chief

Honorary Master
But at what price?

Chinese will or are already doing it. One can say, why not let the good guys also do it? It's not like the NSA is the only spy agency which would love to do this. I don't think there is a spy agency or government which would not want to do this. Just that they don't have resources.