No customer service from AFRIHOST, they do not care for their customers

Blikkie

Does anybody have any advice on how to have Afrihost resolve a line issue?

Our internet line has been dropping for the last month. Every time we log a problem with them , they escalate it to Telkom. Telkom tells them the problem has been resolved, we receive an automated email that the problem has been resolved. We respond to the email and phone them to tell them the problem has not been resolved. And so the never ending loop continuous, round and round. With the problem becoming worse and worse.

We have been including the manager email address and the CEO (Gian) in the emails and nothing has been done, nothing has been resolved, Afrihost just sends emails the problem has been resolved while nothings has improved. Even with all the complaints logged and the emails sent, they do not bother to phone us to find out if the problem has been sorted.:crying:

The support call center guys have been trying to assist, but as we realized neither the managers or the CEO cares for their customers, they can only do so much.:sick:

If you have no idea what we can do about Afrihost, any recommendations for an ISP that still cares to give their customers some sort of services?

moedawood

Our internet line has been dropping for the last month. Every time we log a problem with them , they escalate it to Telkom. Telkom tells them the problem has been resolved, we receive an automated email that the problem has been resolved. We respond to the email and phone them to tell them the problem has not been resolved. And so the never ending loop continuous, round and round. With the problem becoming worse and worse.

We have been including the manager email address and the CEO (Gian) in the emails and nothing has been done, nothing has been resolved, Afrihost just sends emails the problem has been resolved while nothings has improved. Even with all the complaints logged and the emails sent, they do not bother to phone us to find out if the problem has been sorted.:crying:

The support call center guys have been trying to assist, but as we realized neither the managers or the CEO cares for their customers, they can only do so much.:sick:

If you have no idea what we can do about Afrihost, any recommendations for an ISP that still cares to give their customers some sort of services?
Never let your ISP handle your line. Keep it with Telkom so you deal with Telkom alone. Simply switch your line management back to Telkom

Reactions: McT

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep

:(

That's definitely not the sort of experience that we want our Clients to have!

Can you please PM me your account details and I'll follow-up on this for you.

cpu.

Expert Member

If there is noise* (perhaps even if there's not), report that to Telkom and don't mention Adsl.

*when you listen with a phone

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
If there is noise* (perhaps even if there's not), report that to Telkom and don't mention Adsl.

We never want our clients to have to reach out to Telkom if their line is managed by us. :( This does sound like a noise related issue and it's something we'd be happy to take up on Blikkie's behalf. :)

Blikkie

Sorry for the delay, still having issues with the internet... I appreciate the assistance.

Our telephone dies sometimes when the Internet goes down, so we can definitely try this :)

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
Sorry for the delay, still having issues with the internet... I appreciate the assistance.

Our telephone dies sometimes when the Internet goes down, so we can definitely try this :)
Please let me know if Telkom is able to assist. We may still need to escalate this from our side.

Blikkie

Please let me know if Telkom is able to assist. We may still need to escalate this from our side.
Hi, can you please try and resolve this from your side as well, as Telkom is not being cooperative

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
:(

That's definitely not the sort of experience that we want our Clients to have!

Can you please PM me your account details and I'll follow-up on this for you.
Funny, it's exactly the same service which made me leave Afrihost.

Blikkie

So, I sent the information requested to the email address provide.

Respond once to indicate that I have to rerun the same test that we have been doing for the last month yet again.

Sent three emails after that to the guy at Afrihost, have not received one reply on one of those emails.

Yet again, no customer services, being run in circles with no end in sight:mad:

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master

Respond once to indicate that I have to rerun the same test that we have been doing for the last month yet again.

Sent three emails after that to the guy at Afrihost, have not received one reply on one of those emails.

Yup. Sounds about right.

It'll keep going like that in an infinite loop, until you eventually give up.

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep

I'm sorry to hear that you're still battling to get your line issue resolved, Blikkie. :( I can see that you did receive a reply to your email yesterday, but in order to treat this matter more urgently, I have forwarded all communications onto our Critical Care Team to contact you and resolve the matter once and for all. :)

Blikkie

I'm sorry to hear that you're still battling to get your line issue resolved, Blikkie. :( I can see that you did receive a reply to your email yesterday, but in order to treat this matter more urgently, I have forwarded all communications onto our Critical Care Team to contact you and resolve the matter once and for all. :)
AfriFella, I received one email requesting the account number and then one after that requesting that we do the same test we have run numerous times previously, as the guy was of the opinion that it is our hardware that is faulty. The emails that I sent after that was never answered, not even the one I sent this morning indicating that we once again did the same test for the nth time and there was no change. And that the actual telephone line goes down at times now as well.

SNot0ssie

AfriFella, I received one email requesting the account number and then one after that requesting that we do the same test we have run numerous times previously, as the guy was of the opinion that it is our hardware that is faulty. The emails that I sent after that was never answered, not even the one I sent this morning indicating that we once again did the same test for the nth time and there was no change. And that the actual telephone line goes down at times now as well.
I had the same problem a while back with my line randomly dropping, I find it ironic that telkom resolved the problem withing 48 hours by sending out a tech. I had an exposed line that got some water in it, they rejoined they line with those orange and white plastic think and problem was sorted. Surely afrihost should have a bit more say with telkom compared to a normal user?

rtayob

I am having endless hassles with Afrihost as well. Applied for a line almost 2 months ago. They promised me that it will be done within 15 - 30 days. Calling them all the time and they keep saying that they transfering the issue to the line department. I spoke to telkom and they told me that the line is already in the holding pool and that Afrihost just has to pick up the line. And according to telkoms system, Afrihost put in an activatation date of 12 June 2017 which is still another month away. which will make it almost 3 months from the order. Afrihost used to be a good company to deal with but now its just a headache.