No e-toll legal cases yet, says OUTA

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
There is no way that the system could possibly handle a docket tide coming in...

MKFrost

Expert Member
I think the first court case is going to be the decider in regards to etoll. During that case more pertinent questions will be asked in regards to the operations of etolls and magistrates will not be able sidestep these questions but will be forced to make rulings on them.

entrepr

Expert Member
I'm avoiding an etag and avoiding the tolls. If mine was the first case it would definitely be for mis-billing.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Went to pickup a parcel from my local Post Office and saw them sorting piles of e-Toll envelopes. The 4 women working there says they get about 300 envelopes to distribute daily and it is such a mission that they leave it until last - it sometimes pile up for weeks. The postman delivering to our street of complexes says he puts 7/10 e-Toll envelopes in random mailboxes since the addresses on them are incomplete or ambiguous.

Sonic2k

Executive Member
I will let all of you know if/when I get hauled to court/summonses/threatened with arrest.
Just beware, when I was on my way to the airport on Sunday, I saw one of them SANRAL roadblock vehicles on Hendrik Potgieter road, Roodepoort, they were going to set up.

I also think this is why the LICE (aka METRO POLICE) are so busy like bees lately, and throwing roadblocks at any/all place

])ragon_\/oid

Expert Member
I will let all of you know if/when I get hauled to court/summonses/threatened with arrest.
Just beware, when I was on my way to the airport on Sunday, I saw one of them SANRAL roadblock vehicles on Hendrik Potgieter road, Roodepoort, they were going to set up.

I also think this is why the LICE (aka METRO POLICE) are so busy like bees lately, and throwing roadblocks at any/all place

Agreed. Looks like they are trying to make all the back roads a living hell, to force people to take the highway. Sadly for them, I am not bothered by a 20 minute delay. Sadly a road block won't stop me from driving on the back roads. I also took the toll road yesterday. Went through 3 of those evil white things. Couldn't care less... Still not paying...

MagicDude4Eva

Banned
If Sanral had hired Barry Roux for their litigation and debt-collection, everyone would have bought an e-tag already by now :whistling:

creeper

Executive Member
If Sanral had hired Barry Roux for their litigation and debt-collection, everyone would have bought an e-tag already by now :whistling:

If the first 'offender' being prosecuted gets Barry Roux to defend him, e-tolls might stop :D:whistling: