No evidence that Shaik was assaulted - reports

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/kwazulu-natal/shaik-was-not-assaulted-reports-1.1078026

According to reports, there appears to be no evidence that convicted fraudster Schabir Shaik was beaten up at a Durban golf course two weeks ago.

There appear to be no eyewitnesses and no CCTV footage.

Die Burger reports that they interviewed up to 50 staff and regulars at the Papwa Sewgolum Golf Course in Reservoir Hills and no one could corroborate Shaik’s story that he had been attacked by four drunk men at the clubhouse.

Die Burger said that, according to Aslam Peer, the club’s spokesman, the incident “did not take place”.

Peer told the newspaper that they had thoroughly investigated the alleged assault and had interviewed staff, management, security and players and no one had seen anything.

Clubhouse manager Manju Patel she was also surprised to hear about Shaik’s claims.

An incident like this could not happen without someone knowing about it and if anyone saw anything they would have reported it to her, she told Die Burger.

According to Shaik, he had confronted the men after he overheard them making racist remarks.

“I went there alone. I had just played a round of golf and was taking a breather when I heard them talking badly about the ANC and President Jacob Zuma. They called him the k-word,” Shaik told the Sunday Times.

“They kept on punching and kicking me. I think they wanted to prove a point to me. I became a target in some sense,” Shaik said.

“There were four drunk guys. They were really big in size and much, much younger than me.”

Course officials have received no report of the incident and cannot confirm if there was a punch-up, an EWN report said earlier this week. Police sources said an officer even went to see Shaik after the media made an enquiry about the incident but the convicted fraudster again refused to open a case.

In the Sunday Times, Shaik was quoted as saying: “If I laid charges against them it will be another big thing. Correctional Services would not hear both sides of the story. They would whisk me straight to jail.”

Shaik confirmed to Die Burger this week that he would not lay a charge.

Wow, so turns out the guy is a liar. Who would have ever thought that? :rolleyes:

Kornhub

Blackburn Fan
What a tit,you should be in jail just like every other criminal !

waynegohl

Ancient Astronaut
cry wolf one too many times and when something does happen no one will want to believe him.

Mantis

LMAO he just wants Zuma and the ANC to know that he would still protect their "good name"

Kosmik

Honorary Master
The fact that he's walking around assaults my senses.

waynegohl

Ancient Astronaut
Did his one crook of a brother not run to Australia or something like that?

TJ99

Honorary Master
So the lying scumbag lied. Mind = blown.

See, I told you he probably made up the part about the racist remarks. Turns out he made up the whole story too.

He should have said:

I am just waiting for my [presidential] pardon and then I’m going overseas. I am finished with inciting the hate in this country with my racist idiot ANC chums.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
*mutter*

The golf course should lay charges against him (if they possibly even could) for dragging their good name through the mud over a lie..

I hope the little ***ker doesn't get his much hoped for pardon and he breaks his parole again and goes straight back to jail for the rest of eternity.

Flanders

Honorary Master
The media loves this guy! Without fail, he is referred to as convicted fraudster. Hehe

Flanders

Honorary Master
But he is. I don't quite follow?

I know, it's just that they never simply refer to him by name. They always precede his name with 'convicted fraudster'. Cracks me up every time! :D They like to remind us of what he is and rightly so.

I wish they'd do it with people like Zuma. "In talks earlier this week, state president and polygamist, Jacob Zuma, came under fire when..." Or, "Former state president and staunch AIDS denialist, Thabo Mbeki, was seen passed out cold at a local tavern at the weekend say eyewitnesses..."

:twisted: