No Fibre, No ADSL... What are my options?

Jakkels1991

Expert Member
Those are prepaid once off bundles. So it's just about rica new sim and change price plan to smartbroadband wireless prepaid. Load bundle directly with credit/debit card or buy airtime equivalent and load it on the website or by running the USSD code.
Cool and does the data expire after 30 days?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Cool and does the data expire after 30 days?
If I'm not mistaken they last 60 days but better to just to confirm.

If you do not have a LTE or LTE-A router might be better to just go the Webafrica route. Exact same deals except they borrow you a LTE-A router which is nice.

You can always just buy it off gumtree or facebook market place. Lot's for sale for reasonable prices and then just go with Telkom directly. Telkom direct simcards also do have some Mo'Nice deals and you could get the 500GB night data for R59 which is really nice for your bulk downloads like game updates and even netflix ect offline streaming if you wanted to do that.

Jakkels1991

Expert Member

If you do not have a LTE or LTE-A router might be better to just go the Webafrica route. Exact same deals except they borrow you a LTE-A router which is nice.

You can always just buy it off gumtree or facebook market place. Lot's for sale for reasonable prices and then just go with Telkom directly. Telkom direct simcards also do have some Mo'Nice deals and you could get the 500GB night data for R59 which is really nice for your bulk downloads like game updates and even netflix ect offline streaming if you wanted to do that.
Thanks alot bud, will look into it.

marioat1

Expert Member

The webAfrica telkom lte also accesses the mo'nice deals.
Will need to see which offers come through, as mine, not showing any available as yet.

cavedog

Honorary Master
The webAfrica telkom lte also accesses the mo'nice deals.
Will need to see which offers come through, as mine, not showing any available as yet.

Okay nice so you can load airtime on the simcard?

netstrider

This might just be the perfect option until I find something more permanent. How long does it take from start till when you can use the data?
About 30 mins. Pep seems to instant RICA with just your ID.

I would test it first with a small 10GB bundle to check the speeds you get in your area.

Tshitshi

I moved house this weekend and unfortunate with that I leave behind my very conformable fibre connection. New place does not have fibre or adsl. They are busy with fibre in the new area but apparently will only be available early next year.

So I need some help with what to do in the meantime. Obviously some form of fixed LTE is my only option. Just need some tips about the best offers that are out there.
Telkom Fixed Line Look Alike (FLLA)