No IP given to cpe vumatel issue

J@ckD@aniels

Hi all.

My internet has been off for a few days and my ISP cannot assign my line a ip address, so vumatel was contacted, they send out the sub contractors and between vumatel and the sub contractors they state it's the ISP, however they is no IP's are available to be assigned.
Making no headway, ISP says they trying to get vumatel out themselves but Vumatel only seems to send sub contractors, however it seems like a backend issue more than a line issue. They tried with a new cpe as well.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG-20240518-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20240518-WA0002.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 34
Hi all.

My internet has been off for a few days and my ISP cannot assign my line a ip address, so vumatel was contacted, they send out the sub contractors and between vumatel and the sub contractors they state it's the ISP, however they is no IP's are available to be assigned.
Making no headway, ISP says they trying to get vumatel out themselves but Vumatel only seems to send sub contractors, however it seems like a backend issue more than a line issue. They tried with a new cpe as well.
Any ideas?
The ISP needs to clear more IP's for assignment. They must be out of IP's on the Vumatel allocation.

Hi all.

Any ideas?

Who is your ISP?

The ISP needs to clear more IP's for assignment. They must be out of IP's on the Vumatel allocation.
I spoke to the ISP and they spoke to some 'manager' as vumatel and it seems like the IP's assigned to each user is duplicated that they expired so the ISP cannot assign a new IP because they expired, they can only see valid IP's. They ISP tried to give me a static IP on the VX admin portal but it failed saying the IP is not assigned a subnet, however the ISP assured tlme they did.
Seems like Vumatel said they will delete the duplicate IP's and will manually assign the IP's to the users. Oh, the ISP said it's effecting most of their customers now.

Ask Afriman/girl/natic for a Static IP adress to be assigned to your line. Sorted out all my hassles, and I can host all my right-wing propaganda with ease now.
Just make sure to thank them for their great service for restoring connectivity days later.

Hi all.

Any ideas?

Hi

Sorry for the issues experienced.

Please can you send us a dm with your email address or object number so we can assist.

Had the same issue last Monday. ONT connects, gets my assigned static IP and then immediately lose connection. When you try and refresh the IP nothing happens, only after restarting the ONT you get and IP again and then it drops 2 seconds later.

ISP blamed Vumatel, got sorted a day or so later without any explanation.

I Spoke to Home-Connect again, and they state that it's a Vumatel issue, Vumatel says it's ISP. My ONT is sitting on management up, whatever that means, and it should be managed or something like that. Now they want to send technicians out again. Told them unless they going to replace something, keep them away because all they do is sit on WhatsApp talking to someone on their side, who is busy with however many calls at the same time, trying to feedback and get updates for all the calls opened they dealing with.

Telkom did not do good service delivery, which I accepted when I was using ADSL, however at least I could understand. Vumatel and Home-Connect, these guys are trying to do service delivery, but failing, is it a lack of knowledge, understanding, or caring? I do not get issues with Fiber, but when I do my gosh they suck so badly, I rather say that they don't care than they trying and failing. The last time I had a speed issue, had the guys on site for 3 days, and then magically the issue disappeared and then it was my fault. Can't tell me why it's my fault but it's mine...

Sorry for the rant, just so irritating. If I didn't think this was a Vumatel issue I would switch ISP but I do think its a Vumatel issue because I cannot even access the Vumatel shop page like I had to do to test my line was working the first time.

I Spoke to Home-Connect again, and they state that it's a Vumatel issue, Vumatel says it's ISP. My ONT is sitting on management up, whatever that means, and it should be managed or something like that. Now they want to send technicians out again. Told them unless they going to replace something, keep them away because all they do is sit on WhatsApp talking to someone on their side, who is busy with however many calls at the same time, trying to feedback and get updates for all the calls opened they dealing with.

Telkom did not do good service delivery, which I accepted when I was using ADSL, however at least I could understand. Vumatel and Home-Connect, these guys are trying to do service delivery, but failing, is it a lack of knowledge, understanding, or caring? I do not get issues with Fiber, but when I do my gosh they suck so badly, I rather say that they don't care than they trying and failing. The last time I had a speed issue, had the guys on site for 3 days, and then magically the issue disappeared and then it was my fault. Can't tell me why it's my fault but it's mine...

Sorry for the rant, just so irritating. If I didn't think this was a Vumatel issue I would switch ISP but I do think its a Vumatel issue because I cannot even access the Vumatel shop page like I had to do to test my line was working the first time.
Sorry, I don't mean to be nasty to all the worker at Vumatel, Home-Connect, or the sub-contractors, I know some do try hard and they are trying their best, but most just tick boxes. If I did that with my work I would be ashamed to face my customers.

Sorry, I don't mean to be nasty to all the worker at Vumatel, Home-Connect, or the sub-contractors, I know some do try hard and they are trying their best, but most just tick boxes. If I did that with my work I would be ashamed to face my customers.
Did you PM @AfriNatic ?

Had the same issue last Monday. ONT connects, gets my assigned static IP and then immediately lose connection. When you try and refresh the IP nothing happens, only after restarting the ONT you get and IP again and then it drops 2 seconds later.

ISP blamed Vumatel, got sorted a day or so later without any explanation.
I wish I had that issue, Home-Connect keeps telling me about these success stories, but I don't seem to be one of them.
I'm still waiting for the Operations Manager to call me back within the hour, it's almost 1 1/2 later, I guess he will call me before EOD. *fingers crossed*

Not anymore!
He saw your rant and proceeded to blacklist your ONT - now it's a paperweight. :p

All three!

Welcome to the New World Order!
HAHA - it already is a paperweight, with LED lights.

wonder how much I could sell it for? spray it black, cut a hole it in for a cup, and maybe a coaster with green LED lights that maybe can change based on the internet connection - IPs sold separately.

Guess what... The manager never called. I tried to call 3 times and all 3 times he sent some back to tell me that he had not received any updates.

Not even a courtesy call to say, "Hi Mr customer, I tried my very best, I was on the phone all day speaking very sternly to a bunch of people trying to get your line sorted out, However, the situation is much more serious than we thought and the teams are working very hard to get you back online." LIE TO ME, SOMETHING!!

or he could be honest and say "Hi Mr customer, I did speak to someone to whom I passed the buck, this person is also busy with a whole lot of other issues that we are currently dealing with. I understand that you feel important however you will still pay for the service we cannot provide, and if you want you can leave us because losing you means nothing compared to losing 1/2 our customer base whose issues are more simple to resolve. Would you like me to recommend another ISP or another fibre provider?"

But nothing, a think the big F U (not calling me back) was worse than either of these situations.

but hey i have my old Telkom LTE router up and running for now.

Back