No IRP5 from employer -what can I do?

Chicken Boo

My employer has not given out IRP5s yet. Apparently some problem with easyfiling, and a query has been logged with SARS but they haven't resolved it yet.
So I can't complete my tax return. I sent an email to the only address on the site I can find ([email protected]) - no answer after a week. What can/should I do now so I don't get in trouble later?

My employer has not given out IRP5s yet. Apparently some problem with easyfiling, and a query has been logged with SARS but they haven't resolved it yet.
So I can't complete my tax return. I sent an email to the only address on the site I can find ([email protected]) - no answer after a week. What can/should I do now so I don't get in trouble later?

Fill in to the best of your knowledge if possible and submit. Add additional comment that irp5 not ready by employer.

So if you open your tax return on efiling after clicking refresh IRP5 data...then there's still no return ?

Sent from my HTC Vision using MyBroadband Android App

Can't you maybe add up all your payslips throughtout the year and submit?

Don't know what your employer's problem with e@syfile is, hundreds of thousands of IRP5's has been submitted to SARS with it.

I would probably add up all my payslips then... Make sure you use all the correct codes though... The income codes...deduction codes... Total gross income...paye/uif/sdl and total codes... Hopefully you have a PAYE number too you can complete.. then atleast you did your part.. all of this assuming you dont just recieve a basic salary with no allowances below R120 000 for which i wouldnt even bother submitting your return.

Sent from my HTC Vision using MyBroadband Android App

NO NO NO NO NO do not complete your return without your IRP 5 certificate. you are asking for trouble. it will take months of frustration with SARS idiots to fix it. you cannot complete with payslips either.

let your employer know that if you are late with your return and you receive administrative penalties they will be liable for them. make this very very clear that they are holding up your submission. there is no problem with the e-filing on the PAYE system with regards to the reconciliations, that is a load of codswallop. they need to get their act together and sort it out immediately.

My first thought was that the employer didn't pay over the monthly PAYE they deducted from you and haven't declared anything to SARS. Not saying this is the case (just a possibility) but they really have to get their ***** sorted.

Oh I got a reply.

Thank you for contacting SARS E-filing Assist.

Please make sure that the software should be removed from the control panel of the pc. Before doing that you need to create a back up.

Download the software.

For further assistance contact call centre 0800 00 7277.

Kind regards

E-filing Assist Team

Well I should be sorted in no time with that kind of concise guidance!

Thats the employers issue, not yours...they not understanding you.. lol...

Ask employer if they can provide you with the printed IRP5 even if they haven't submitted on e@syfile due to their supposed easyfile problem. They should be able to print the IRP5's directly from their payroll package.
Use that to complete the tax return - same codes etc.
If they haven't paid PAYE it'll be their problem.

Ask employer if they can provide you with the printed IRP5 even if they haven't submitted on e@syfile due to their supposed easyfile problem. They should be able to print the IRP5's directly from their payroll package.
Use that to complete the tax return - same codes etc.
If they haven't paid PAYE it'll be their problem.
This ^^^^

Back