No Liquor Sales - But TV adverts for Booze Continue as Normal

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
The Title says it all. Seems to me that the Broadcast and Advertising industry are failing miserably to make a contribution during these times and dropping all adverts for liquor would be a pretty good contribution.

ld13

Honorary Master
Already paid for and pre-booked - if I were them I would also not stop my adverts. Top of mind awareness and all that.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Please note my existing thread about anachronistic TV adverts:

I should have included this topic.

RedViking

Nord of the South
I was going to say @Gordon_R already started a thread. He just use a big English word that is not so catchy and requires a dictionary for those like me that speaks Eengileesh. :ROFL:

anachronistic
/ənakrəˈnɪstɪk/
belonging to a period other than that being portrayed.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
I was going to say @Gordon_R already started a thread. He just use a big English word that is not so catchy and requires a dictionary for those like me that speaks Eengileesh. :ROFL:

anachronistic
/ənakrəˈnɪstɪk/
belonging to a period other than that being portrayed.
Even liquor is a big word, but it will get a lot more clicks...

P.S. The lockdown is a good opportunity to increase your vocabulary. Ananachronstic is a word that applies to many interesting scenarios. (BTW, spell checker struggles with long complex words).

Last edited:

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Already paid for and pre-booked - if I were them I would also not stop my adverts. Top of mind awareness and all that.
True, but poor response by broadcasters, desperate to hang onto their advertising revenue at a time of crisis. Do we really need adverts for skin lotions and toothpaste?