No loadshedding expected today™...

Executive Member
more people have aircons at work than at home i think, also a lot of people are away at the beach and not at home during the holidays.
Well, then that implies that people us more power at work?

It'd actually be quite interesting to find out some details about this. Keeping in mind the power needed to do jobs and not just the luxuries business provide with "free power".

Now excuse me, the aircon is set to 16C here, I'm getting cold so I'm going to make yet another cup of coffee and wait in line to get into the fridge before I have to go to that meeting room where the TV is left on all the time.

wingnut771

Executive Member
Well, then that implies that people us more power at work?

It'd actually be quite interesting to find out some details about this. Keeping in mind the power needed to do jobs and not just the luxuries business provide with "free power".

Now excuse me, the aircon is set to 16C here, I'm getting cold so I'm going to make yet another cup of coffee and wait in line to get into the fridge before I have to go to that meeting room where the TV is left on all the time.
yeah, people aren't "power conscious" at work and don't stress about power bills compared to being at home.

thechamp

Honorary Master
I love how the alerts from Eskom's media desk makes it sound like they deserve a pat on the back for NOT having load shedding.

Isn't a semi-stable electricity supply supposed to be a given in the year 2020?
People who love complaining will always find something, seeing things is normal when you are that type of a person. Those alerts look balanced and consistent to me.

thechamp

Honorary Master
LOL, obviously the pin size distorts the pic. Half of Tshwane is exaggerated, I know.

All I'm saying is that when your suburb has constant power failures due to "technical" problems, the conspiracy theorist in me starts to think that Eskom arranges for these "technical" problems instead of implementing loadshedding.
It gets complicated when your supplier is not even Eskom, do they have a meeting with Tshwane Electricity or City power under the cover of darkness and arrange this things?

Jacada

It gets complicated when your supplier is not even Eskom, do they have a meeting with Tshwane Electricity or City power under the cover of darkness and arrange this things?
You never know. Thick paper envelopes stuffed with money prefer the cover of darkness.

Tander

Executive Member
The yellow and red colours should give you some insights, since they assume 13500MW outages and we have been way above that for over a month now.
We are currently under 12000 MW of shortage. So care to explain where the assumptions come from?

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
JTDC the hate and abuse I get for simply posting Eskom's own power outlook plan for the next few weeks is abominable. Who are these people acting like they live in an alternate reality without loadshedding.

Tander

Executive Member
JTDC the hate and abuse I get for simply posting Eskom's own power outlook plan for the next few weeks is abominable. Who are these people acting like they live in an alternate reality without loadshedding.
I was referring to your "Hier kom groot k:"
You also failed to link the source for your attachment.

So tell us again. how did you arrive at "Hier kom groot k:" ?

Also, where was the hate or abuse? I simply asked a question.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
The yellow and red colours should give you some insights, since they assume 13500MW outages and we have been way above that for over a month now.
Those colors would indicate Stage 1 and Stage 2 load shedding of you actually read that information correctly.

Alles behalwe "groot kuk".....