No loadshedding expected today™...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Finally I have good slots for an evening/morning. Tomorrow will be an early night I guess.

Genisys

Executive Member
Only 2.5 or 4.5 hour cuts exists afaik
Starts at 20:00 up to 00:30. Its a crap window, minds you, none of the Joburg cuts make sense, always 4.5 hours. Sometimes multiple times a day as well.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Starts at 20:00 up to 00:30. Its a crap window, minds you, none of the Joburg cuts make sense, always 4.5 hours. Sometimes multiple times a day as well.
Sometimes it comes back after 4 hours, the extra 30 minutes was added over the years :(

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Sometimes it comes back after 4 hours, the extra 30 minutes was added over the years :(
The 30 minutes is to allow the switchers (travel) time to switch it back on, after they have switched off the areas to be switched off. Yes, people are actually driving around to switching parts of the grid off and on.

Cius

Executive Member
Sigh. The drive chain of my garage door motor has fallen to pieces due to all this load shedding and the constant manual intervention. I am now having to replace the whole system at significant cost. Thanks Eskom.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Sigh. The drive chain of my garage door motor has fallen to pieces due to all this load shedding and the constant manual intervention. I am now having to replace the whole system at significant cost. Thanks Eskom.
When you do replace it make sure you get a system with a backup battery.

Cius

Executive Member
When you do replace it make sure you get a system with a backup battery.
That is the plan. Instead of fixing a crapy system yet again that the previous owner installed with one digidoor lifting two garage doors I am just getting two centurion motors that roll the bar from the top and each has a battery backup. Apparently Digidoor is no more anyways and spares are hard to come by so I would have eventually had to do this anyways. Might as well with load shedding being something I suspect we will be dealing a lot of for the next few years.

Rabobi

Executive Member
That is the plan. Instead of fixing a crapy system yet again that the previous owner installed with one digidoor lifting two garage doors I am just getting two centurion motors that roll the bar from the top and each has a battery backup. Apparently Digidoor is no more anyways and spares are hard to come by so I would have eventually had to do this anyways. Might as well with load shedding being something I suspect we will be dealing a lot of for the next few years.
Ended up doing this. Constant digidoor breakdowns lifting both doors. Now a centurion per door. Havent had any issues and its connected to my non sine wave inverter. 3 years later, not a single breakdown

Lupus

Honorary Master
Still got to love the twitter replies of if it's only Stage 2 why did my power go out last night or blah blah. Cause it's a power failure numpty, it's a freaking power failure not load shedding. You'd think living in SA you'd know about these.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Still got to love the twitter replies of if it's only Stage 2 why did my power go out last night or blah blah. Cause it's a power failure numpty, it's a freaking power failure not load shedding. You'd think living in SA you'd know about these.
Ja nee, had someone at work complaining that part of Soweto was loadshed from 16:00 yesterday to late this morning... no, that was a power failure.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Ja nee, had someone at work complaining that part of Soweto was loadshed from 16:00 yesterday to late this morning... no, that was a power failure.
See it a lot on my neighbourhood Facebook group as well, unfortunately part of the area is often without power due to overloaded substation, will they not shout loadshedding every time it goes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.