No loadshedding expected today™...

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Some do close. Obviously not complete lights but rather severely reduced production rates or even care and maintenance.
This. I want to know if the smelters managed to start up as well. If it was more curtailment, means economic recovery will be delayed even more. I am not looking forward to Q4 stats.

Gordon_R

Executive Member
The unplanned outages are reducing, but their statement assumes they are expecting to dip into emergency reserves (diesel gas turbines) today. Any breakdown from now forwards will result in various stages of load shedding, until they get unplanned outages below 9500MW.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
The unplanned outages are reducing, but their statement assumes they are expecting to dip into emergency reserves (diesel gas turbines) today. Any breakdown from now forwards will result in various stages of load shedding, until they get unplanned outages below 9500MW.
This exactly... they're going to use reserves today, that means, come this weekend, we will have some kind of loadshedding, if things worsen even a little bit.

Matt91

:unsure: So when they say "no loadshedding" are they talking about certain areas that I'm not seeing somewhere? I had loadshedding yesterday for 2 hours.

Lupus

Honorary Master
:unsure: So when they say "no loadshedding" are they talking about certain areas that I'm not seeing somewhere? I had loadshedding yesterday for 2 hours.
An outage is not loadshedding. Report it to your muncipality to resolve.

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
yeah it would be nice to see more in depth explanations of the outages, age, location etc. our area had no power for 15 hours yesterday, i am sure all of these local power failures are helping them out a lot.