No loadshedding expected today™...

genetic

Honorary Master
:unsure: So when they say "no loadshedding" are they talking about certain areas that I'm not seeing somewhere? I had loadshedding yesterday for 2 hours.
People like this annoy me. They get a local trip, then call Eskom out load shedding. Stop crying wolf. There was and is no load shedding currently.

Genisys

Executive Member
People like this annoy me. They get a local trip, then call Eskom out load shedding. Stop crying wolf. There was and is no load shedding currently.
Reoccurring trend on this forum sadly. Guess I'm going to go switch off my power at the DB board and complain about load shedding. Same effect.

Tander

Executive Member
I don't have enough time or enough crayons to explain it to you.
I have no idea how to explain it. I'm just guessing here....
There, I fixed it for you.

This exactly... they're going to use reserves today, that means, come this weekend, we will have some kind of loadshedding, if things worsen even a little bit.
Whoop, moving that goal post again!
  • "Come the 6th - 10th - we ****ed! People going back to work, will cause more power usage - load shedding!!"
  • "...well, the kids go back to school tomorrow - we ****ed, load shedding here we come!!!"
  • "...weekend is coming and reverses are low.. we ****ed - here comes load shedding!!"

:unsure: So when they say "no loadshedding" are they talking about certain areas that I'm not seeing somewhere? I had loadshedding yesterday for 2 hours.
No. That's a local power failure in your area and you need to speak to the municipality. But, you know what - don't do that. Go to Twitter / MyBB and bitch about the "load shedding" you had instead - that will show them!!

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
No loadshedding expected for the rest of the week despite reserves being used today. Magicians working that side all of a sudden

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
Wonder which two those are as both Koeberg units are up and running, one just came back from planned maintenance.

thechamp

Honorary Master
No loadshedding expected for the rest of the week despite reserves being used today. Magicians working that side all of a sudden
It must be a maintenance festival, Brian Molefe said they used to have those all the time while he was still at Eskom.

Matt91

There, I fixed it for you.

Whoop, moving that goal post again!
  • "Come the 6th - 10th - we ****ed! People going back to work, will cause more power usage - load shedding!!"
  • "...well, the kids go back to school tomorrow - we ****ed, load shedding here we come!!!"
  • "...weekend is coming and reverses are low.. we ****ed - here comes load shedding!!"

No. That's a local power failure in your area and you need to speak to the municipality. But, you know what - don't do that. Go to Twitter / MyBB and bitch about the "load shedding" you had instead - that will show them!!
Firstly I didn't bitch about it, I simply asked a question - you seem to have the unoriginal idea of jumping on a bandwagon to bash someone who asked a legitimate question of his fellow forum users. Now usually this would bug me, but knowing you suffer from buried penis syndrome I'll rather leave you be; since I'm sure no one is more annoyed than your Mrs about the whole situation...

Lupus

Honorary Master
Sigh and the twitter verse is saying oh look at what the new chairman is doing and they can keep the Nampak guy. It's like don't you know the CEO and chairman are different positions and technically there's no way the new temporary chairman has had time to inact anything.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Sigh and the twitter verse is saying oh look at what the new chairman is doing and they can keep the Nampak guy. It's like don't you know the CEO and chairman are different positions and technically there's no way the new temporary chairman has had time to inact anything.
Yeah, it is just sad when people are too lazy to think.

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
of course it is the chairman, a white person could never improves things in africa.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
Outages are still sky high, but no loadshedding yet.

Something doesn't add up. We had similar outage levels last year and Stage 2 to 6 shedding at a minimum.

I can only assume it is due to:

1) Running units past their outage dates for maintenance (already confirmed by Eskom).
2) Spending silly money on diesel
3) Shedding mines and big users and telling them not to start up in Jan.
4) The abysmal economy - literally destroyed by Eskom.
5) A combination of blackmail and voluntary outages to garner support for ridiculous tariff increase applications
6) Luck
7) ANC demanding lights on.

among other things.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Outages are still sky high, but no loadshedding yet.

Something doesn't add up. We had similar outage levels last year and Stage 2 to 6 shedding at a minimum.

I can only assume it is due to:

1) Running units past their outage dates for maintenance (already confirmed by Eskom).
2) Spending silly money on diesel
3) Shedding mines and big users and telling them not to start up in Jan.
4) The abysmal economy - literally destroyed by Eskom.
5) A combination of blackmail and voluntary outages to garner support for ridiculous tariff increase applications
6) Luck
7) ANC demanding lights on.

among other things.
Planned maintenance had started in the beginning of summer which brought total capacity down, the combination of the planned outages + the unplanned outages would've played a big factor. Bringing on more of the units that were down for the maintenance period has brought total capacity up somewhat.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
Planned maintenance had started in the beginning of summer which brought total capacity down, the combination of the planned outages + the unplanned outages would've played a big factor. Bringing on more of the units that were down for the maintenance period has brought total capacity up somewhat.
But maintenance MW hasn't decreased? Perhaps the units brought back are more reliable e.g. Koeberg 1. Possibly renewables are pomping big time to help out.