No loadshedding expected today™...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Load shedding is a nice term to use though, I understand where they are coming from.

Cius

Executive Member
Ended up doing this. Constant digidoor breakdowns lifting both doors. Now a centurion per door. Havent had any issues and its connected to my non sine wave inverter. 3 years later, not a single breakdown
Thanks, good to know. I spent the last 8 years clearing debt but now that that is done I am planning out how to get a bit more independent. The motors have been pushed to the front by the break downs but is worth doing. April I hope to get a solar geyser going. Perhaps next year I will look at an inverter and batteries that charge off grid and help through load shedding. Final stage would be panels.

Reactions: Yuu

Lupus

Honorary Master
Yes, their next item on the list is the health sector.
Gotta keep the peasants hungry, in poor health and living like prehistoric times to ensure their grip on power
Public health sector is already broken, they're now going after private.

PhireSide

Executive Member
Our power never came back on. Was supposed to light up at 8:00 but there is an issue at the Rowallan Park Substation.

So either we will be having a dark day or LS will get suspended for us like it does in Framesby and Westering :p

@thehuman I think you are close to that area in PE, any updates?

Last edited:

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
On Friday there'll be a new excuse. Just really wish there was a generator at work... *SIGH*

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
And guess what.......Kimberley will not be switched off for a few days. Anybody care to guess why?

rodmur

They still refuse to buy from Independent Power Producers. It would be cheaper than diesel. and more IPP's could be online within 18 months.

Rabobi

Executive Member
They still refuse to buy from Independent Power Producers. It would be cheaper than diesel. and more IPP's could be online within 18 months.
Im guessing Eksdom is locked into cadre zupta contracts prohibiting them from doing exactly that, as well as regulation.

All things, which our so called "president" could fix if he really wanted to. Maar nee, kop af en fk voort

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Doing so would be admitting defeat and/or failure. That is an absolute no-no for any tribally minded African leader.

RetroRabbit

Theoretical question - is it possible for the IPP's build their own power network, lets say in a town for instance, and then let people sign up to use their service? Or is legislation stopping them from doing that as well?

Reactions: Yuu

Cius

Executive Member
Theoretical question - is it possible for the IPP's build their own power network, lets say in a town for instance, and then let people sign up to use their service? Or is legislation stopping them from doing that as well?
I would guess so on the distribution side. However I did read this week that you cannot generate more than 1MW without registering and getting approval, so large scale production and selling is illegal technically without government giving the thumbs up. A single stack at a coal burning power station is 600 MW, so those 6 stack stations generate 3600 MW if all units are up. By comparison the 1MW limit is nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.