• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

*NO LONGER BREAKING* Zuma 'agrees to go' (06 February 2018 - 22:14)

Grant

Honorary Master
* BREAKING* Zuma 'agrees to go'

President Jacob Zuma will resign as soon as a list of preconditions has been finalised, in a deal struck on Tuesday between Zuma and ANC leader Cyril Ramaphosa and confirmed by sources on Tuesday night.

The deal led to the postponement of an ANC national executive committee (NEC) meeting scheduled for the following day to force Zuma’s removal from office.

That meeting had been due to take place at the Mount Nelson Hotel in Cape Town and would have heard a recommendation from the ANC’s national working committee that Zuma be removed as head of state.

https://www.timeslive.co.za/politics/2018-02-06-zuma-agrees-to-go/

Last edited:

Grant

Honorary Master
Excuse my scepticism but this seems like #FakeNews.
The ANC has confirmed that the planned national executive committee (NEC) meeting has been cancelled after a "constructive discussion" between President Jacob Zuma and Deputy President Cyril Ramaphosa in Cape Town on Tuesday.
the purpose of the meeting was to discuss zuma's fate

why do you think the meeting has been cancelled ?

Dups!

It says meeting postponed not cancelled. I hope they don't agree to those "pre-conditions", I think it safe to assume that he wants a stay from prosecution and also protection for his corrupt son.

krycor

Honorary Master
ANC will have bigger issues if they offer anything they can’t offer any guy off the street.

Ie protection from prosecution = face off with constitutional judges and the public which could lead to the party being broken up, early elections where they would lose. They’d be stupid to offer this.

Urist

as president, would ramaphosa have the legal power to pardon zuma`s crimes?
Isn`t it up to the judiciary, and not the executive?

C4Cat

Executive Member
as president, would ramaphosa have the legal power to pardon zuma`s crimes?
Isn`t it up to the judiciary, and not the executive?
AFAIK the President has the power to pardon anyone but any pardon can be challenged in, and overturned by, the Constitutional Court

The_Mowgs

Executive Member
It says meeting postponed not cancelled. I hope they don't agree to those "pre-conditions", I think it safe to assume that he wants a stay from prosecution and also protection for his corrupt son.
That and the Ministers of Energy and State Security should stay in their positions. Energy for nuclear deal and State Security for other reasons.

beans100

Executive Member
.......Zuma “go in a dignified way”.
Just can't fathom this line. He steps out dignified and untouchable. But looking behind him, you see a mountain of destruction in his wake........he must "pay".