No more load-shedding from today - Eskom's plan

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
No more load-shedding from today - Eskom's plan

Public Enterprises Minister Pravin Gordhan has revealed Eskom's plan to fight load-shedding in South Africa.

Gordhan said Eskom's goal is to ensure there will be no load-shedding from today - but admitted there is a lot of hard work ahead for the company.

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
All that prophesizing you were doing down the drain :ROFL:
Not yet.... Seems not even Gordhan is sure what is going on... one moment we will have no loadshedding and the next we will have stage 1 from today to August.....

CarsinemiA

Classic wool-over-eyes technique.

Come June we are in for one hell of a rough time.

I'm usually one of the positive types when it comes to SA, but Canada sure is looking tempting...

ISP cash cow

Executive Member

Inertia

Expert Member
May 9: We are shocked and angry that we now need to implement Stage 5 load shedding. We will set up a commission to understand what went wrong and report back a few weeks before the next election in 2021.

We plan on hiring engineers who have competencies to manage power plants - we don't currently have those but we are looking into acquiring some on a permanent basis.

Temujin

Executive Member
Gawd... here we go... best I make sure everything is charged etc

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
I'm considering getting a bigger inverter and 2 more 105AH batteries. But I mean there is no point now, right?

Kosmik

Honorary Master
:ROFL::laugh:

Jokes asisde, proof is in the pudding and words mean Sh**

maccaman

Is that slide with overview of their objectives from Eskom directly? If so, God help us, as the objectives are so lame and basic, I can't imagine anyone feeling more confident about our power utility now than they were before.

bromster

Expert Member
Yes. No loadshedding from today. Great. But at what cost?

Eskom scurrying around trying to salvage old, mothballed power stations to make up for their colossal kockup on Medupi and Kusile?

At what point will they replace the multi-billion Rand boilers on the new stations to make them compatible with our coal?

Or will they just import compatible coal at great expense to allow the new stations to run at higher output?

All of these things still sound like billion-rand duct tape on a sinking ship. Not to mention the hush-hush events unfolding at Koeberg during our stage 4 load shedding. Suffice it to say that the international nuclear watchdogs are pretty much permanently stationed at Koeberg.