No Network on Rain 5G

Adxe

For the past 2 weeks my rain 5G router keeps losing network for hours, at any time it just loses connection. It's really bad because I have to be on video calls almost half the day.

I have been trying to talk to one of rain people from the twitter handle to the website own to here no one has replied me and if they do they ask for my email address and nothing happens(very annoying)

I can't keep paying 1K P/M for a sorry for the language shitty network where the customer service is really bad like this.

netstrider

Expert Member
For the past 2 weeks my rain 5G router keeps losing network for hours, at any time it just loses connection. It's really bad because I have to be on video calls almost half the day.

I have been trying to talk to one of rain people from the twitter handle to the website own to here no one has replied me and if they do they ask for my email address and nothing happens(very annoying)

I can't keep paying 1K P/M for a sorry for the language shitty network where the customer service is really bad like this.
A lot of people are having the same problem.

@rain_mobile and @rain_networks , what is the cause of this?

Adxe

I find it so interesting that the ip address keeps changing every time it goes down, so does the speed.

netstrider

Expert Member
I find it so interesting that the ip address keeps changing every time it goes down, so does the speed.
The IP address will change. Happens on all networks.

On Telkom for a customer I noticed their IP changing literally every 30S to 1min but the network still remained. CGNAT.

DMaulidi

Thought I was the only one, today I haven't had internet for the entire day. I had to resort to switching to my mobile data which I don't think will last the entire week if rain continues like this tomorrow.

netstrider

Expert Member
Thought I was the only one, today I haven't had internet for the entire day. I had to resort to switching to my mobile data which I don't think will last the entire week if rain continues like this tomorrow.
If you're in Gauteng... might be a good idea to have your router unplugged tomorrow. Severe thunderstorms forecast by South African weather service with localised flooding.

DMaulidi

If you're in Gauteng... might be a good idea to have your router unplugged tomorrow. Severe thunderstorms forecast by South Afeican weather service with localised flooding.
Thanks for the tip, will do so as I have it set up outside.

Adxe

The IP address will change. Happens on all networks.

On Telkom for a customer I noticed their IP changing literally every 30S to 1min but the network still remained. CGNAT.
True, but I used to be on one ip address for a whole month

Now it keeps changing

I am using data now because guess what it down again

twice in the space of an hour

Last edited:

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
True, but I used to be on one ip address for a whole month

Now it keeps changing

I am using data now because guess what it down again

twice in the space of an hour

Hi Adxe

This is a mobile Network and because of that your IP address will keep changing. You do not get an IP address that is assigned to you specifically.