'No one wants to listen to us': angry Kliptown residents turn to SAHRC

BBSA

Honorary Master
People should dig a deep hole if they want free water:cool:

wbot

Now that's a load of bull. The ANC are inept and corrupt. There are very few other political parties I can think of that would do a poorer job.
Oh yeah, forgot how much the DA for example cares about the poor living in filthy conditions in townships. Hell they even install toilets without any walls. How nice of them. The DA has shown time and again they're not really better than the ANC when it comes to basic service delivery in poorer areas. Some townships in DA controlled areas are even worse than this Kliptown, but okay then. That was what I meant btw, I wasn't talking about national governance.

Now what other political parties are there that would care about these things, lemme think..... Nope can't think of any, they're all the same.

True,
I for one have no issue with the government using my tax money to improve the lives of those less fortunate in any form or manner.
Everyone has a right to dignity, and part and parcel of that dignity is not having to live in filthy , unhygenic conditions.
That's what I was trying to say and I feel the same, but apparently according to these forums the poor deserve to walk through their own filth. It's their own fault apparently.

I agree these people need to clean up their communities themselves, but some things are totally out of their control. Streets flooded with sewage because of the failures of government is one of them. My opinion though

John Tempus

Expert Member
That's what I was trying to say and I feel the same, but apparently according to these forums the poor deserve to walk through their own filth. It's their own fault apparently.
You read every response with some sort of bias.

No one suggested here that the poor need to live in dirt however everyone here agrees that the poor have the power to vote for ANYONE else to see if it is different yet election after election the same poor moaning about deteriorating circumstances keep voting for the same idiots who are making things worse and worse for them.

At this point it comes to personal accountability(you dont need money to have this) and if they keep voting for the same trash party then apparently it seems they are voting in favor of these shitty situations they are left in.

porchrat

Honorary Master
Oh yeah, forgot how much the DA for example cares about the poor living in filthy conditions in townships. Hell they even install toilets without any walls. How nice of them. The DA has shown time and again they're not really better than the ANC when it comes to basic service delivery in poorer areas. Some townships in DA controlled areas are even worse than this Kliptown, but okay then. That was what I meant btw, I wasn't talking about national governance.

Now what other political parties are there that would care about these things, lemme think..... Nope can't think of any, they're all the same.
You swap the ANC for a less corrupt and more focused political party, damn near any of them, and see what happens.

Just the absence of bleeding billions in corruption and ineptitude gives a lot of space for efficient service delivery.

Reactions: air

access

Executive Member
Maybe try voting for another political party.
are you mad and get no freebies. thats racist!

You should not have to work for decent, working COMMUNAL flushing toilets. You should also not have to work for clean, sewage free streets. That's something the ANC has to take care of regardless if people pay for it or not.

Not talking about houses with their own toilets which a lot of these houses probably don't even have. And I don't mean the open pits the DA installed a few years ago. Besides, a lot of these people are 70+ years old. What are they supposed to do??
someone has to work for it, things dont just appear. the only real basic human right you have is to go stand in the field with nothing and truly be free, free of responsibilities other than keeping yourself alive, then find your own shelter and food and water, aka work for it. luxuries come at the expense of freedoms. you are free to do nothing all day, but then get nothing.

read the ant and the grasshopper story.

Well that is where gov money is supposed to go. You know, the billions upon billions spent on name changes, lavish parties, luxury cars, traveling, corruption, court cases, corruption, zulu kings, corruption etc
yes it doesnt go where its meant to, it will run out. do you know where it comes from and why it comes from there?

i will never forget the about chef i gave a lift that asked me why his people spends their entire wage on friday nights only to beg for advances come monday/tuesday. the ant and the grasshopper story comes to mind again.

wbot

Yeah no I don't believe for 1 second that their lives will improve if they vote for anyone else

wbot

I mean look at what's happening in Hammanskraal at the moment. DA in control but people have to drink dirty water with traces of e.coli. They said it's dirty but safe to drink. Clean water isn't something anyone should work for.

BBSA

Honorary Master
Yeah no I don't believe for 1 second that their lives will improve if they vote for anyone else
Tend to agree. You cannot depend on the government to take care of your every need. It is better to empower yourself to be able to take care of yourself in every way possible.

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
What might start actually improving their lives, is if they started contributing to the economy instead of having more kids.

Maybe pay your electricity bill and not hook up illegally.
Maybe not burn down schools or trains whenever you're unhappy, meaning government needs to spend $ getting it fixed again.

Just some thoughts.

Voting for someone else might place someone in the right position that can and will actually stand up to unions and other BS in this country.

konfab

Honorary Master
Nonsense.

A pro free market political party would remove most of the reasons why they don't have jobs (or well paying ones). Once they have jobs they will be able to significantly improve their standard of living by themselves.

Further more, getting rid of the state intervention that most of the current parties are addicted to will open up new markets for the private sector to provide services to these people.