No pay for workers for 4 months, says bankrupt Eastern Cape municipality

Gerry

no ways, didn't know there where people in the eastern cape earning salaries
thought that whole area was on social grants

The_Hobbit

Honorary Master
The whole system is a mess. So this is the district municipality. They provide certain services while there are other services handled by various other munis in the same overlapping area. This is why the country is a bos.

Last edited:

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
I also don't see it as a BEE issue... corruption, cronyism, nepotism, definitely... but not so sure we can call it a BEE issue.
BEE and AA is great enablers for things that go wrong.

BEE and AA makes it easy to appoint the looting cadre or redeploy the looting cadre. I mean skin color is the most important thing in SA.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I blame the Frog Boiler for this mess, ever since he took over there's suddenly no money for Luthuli House salaries, no money for SABC worker's salaries, no money for municipal workers, I am sure if someone looks hard enough they'll find that money is diverted to some WMC project or something.

rietrot

Honorary Master
I blame the Frog Boiler for this mess, ever since he took over there's suddenly no money for Luthuli House salaries, no money for SABC worker's salaries, no money for municipal workers, I am sure if someone looks hard enough they'll find that money is diverted to some WMC project or something.
Wow. Slow down a bit.

Ramaphosa is to blame for many things but do you have any evidence that the 25% collection rate of this municipality is his fault?

Are you saying he didn't pay the bill for his holiday home?

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Wow. Slow down a bit.

Ramaphosa is to blame for many things but do you have any evidence that the 25% collection rate of this municipality is his fault?

Are you saying he didn't pay the bill for his holiday home?
That 25% collection rate wasn't a problem when uBaba was still running the place, I smell a Frog here.

TelkomUseless

Executive Member
That's what happens when you hire 900 people you don't need and pay yourself fat increases.

Chickens coming home to roost.

ANC doesn't want foreign investment in SA (from western countries)... so ANC create "jobs" in government positions. And it's all tumbling down... oops!

air

Expert Member

How do you get rid of the bloated workforce now. Unions will strike and burn down half of SA because some ANC Cadre decided to employ his whole family and friend to work there.
Pure ANC excellence, approved by the majority Black voters. Viva!

Hellhound105

Executive Member
Please keep voting ANC.

You guys are making my day with these posts.

After the 4 months, they should mention they are still bankrupt and no pay indefinitely.
But of course pay increases for the guys higher up on the food chain please.

**** it, if the ANC needs more people to write speeches, I volunteer my services for free.

Thugscub

Expert Member
The whole Goddamn country is going for a ball of shiz.
The useless thieving cnts.
Vote for them again you stupid bloody idiots.
Eating sand will soon become a hobby for the stupid dumb cnts.

Budza

Executive Member
If I were a worker, doing my job at that municipality, I would take action against those that have literally taken food from my table. But that's me.
Yup.

The fat cats house needs attention, not the local municipal infrastructure...

op365

Wait so I am thinking to myself, a monthly salary bill of R65000000 / 1670 employees and traditional leaders = R38922 if everyone was paid the same. My word no wonder they ran out of money! Never mind their collection issues...