No planned load shedding during winter, promises Eskom

TheGrove

Expert Member
So instead of telling us when to expect loadshedding we can now expect our lights to just randomly go off and be told it was unplanned loadshedding.... niceeee

Sinbad

Honorary Master
When does winter start according to Eskom?
Need to know whether to buy my silencer now, or can wait till spring...

Toxic T

I just saw a pig fly outside my window with a unicorn on its back. Was an amazing sight.

genetic

Honorary Master
So apparently one of the units at Koeberg Nuclear is coming back online next week after 3 months of scheduled maintenance. 800MW of extra capacity.

Dan C

Honorary Master
So apparently one of the units at Koeberg Nuclear is coming back online next week after 3 months of scheduled maintenance. 800MW of extra capacity.
Is the 800MW not from Medupi unit 6. Not sure how much Koeberg is...

"With Koeberg’s unit 1 coming back online on Saturday or Sunday and Medupi’s unit 6 starting to generate its full capacity, Eskom is confident that it will be able to carry out its mandate to supply electricity to all South Africans.

“Koeberg unit 1 will be returned back to service this weekend after a three-month planned shutdown for refuelling,” Molefe said.

“Medupi unit 6 reached an 800MW milestone this week, helping to stabilise the power grid and avoiding load shedding yesterday"