No scientific basis for continued curfew in South Africa

JohnMao

Executive Member
Hell, we would be home by 8:30PM anyways with kids, so it's no skin off our noses to have the curfew start at 12AM.
Only issue then with no curfew is idiots on bikes and driving Citi Golfs and Sentras with big silly exhausts racing around the streets with no worries for doing so.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
It’s time for the curfew to be scrapped

There is no scientific basis for the continued 12am to 4am curfew. It should be ended. The third wave is over and this restriction does not mitigate the Covid pandemic. If Covid hospitalisations start ticking up again, a temporary curfew may be reinstated.
Er... There never was a scientific basis for the curfew...

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Hell, we would be home by 8:30PM anyways with kids, so it's no skin off our noses to have the curfew start at 12AM.
Only issue then with no curfew is idiots on bikes and driving Citi Golfs and Sentras with big silly exhausts racing around the streets with no worries for doing so.

You mean they actually obey the curfew?

The twats treat the empty roads like their race track near my area...

JohnMao

Executive Member
You mean they actually obey the curfew?

The twats treat the empty roads like their race track near my area...
Oh no, they don't. But they're home when the curfew starts as evidenced by the lack of Small P3nis Syndrome morons not on the roads. Canning curfew means they'll be racing around for longer now.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Oh no, they don't. But they're home when the curfew starts as evidenced by the lack of Small P3nis Syndrome morons not on the roads. Canning curfew means they'll be racing around for longer now.

Oh the twats are out at all times near me...

Even some retard who has modified his crappy polo to do the backfiring thing. I swear one day I will find his car and just put a hole in his engine block.

JohnMao

Executive Member
Oh the twats are out at all areas near me...

Even some retard who has modified his crappy polo to do the backfiring thing. I swear one day I will find his car and just put a hole in his engine block.
Yeah, because a 1.4 Polo with a popping exhaust is the schit. I'll never, ever understand why people spend so much cash on cars that are old. Sounds dumb, as fast as a stock car, and you're guaranteed to not get the same price for the car when selling it compared to a standard version.

eg2505

Honorary Master
of course there is no reason, its just the ANC enjoying their power too much, Im surprised they don't make it mandatory to greet each other with Heil Ramaphosa.

schuits

Expert Member
Actually we kinda enjoyed the curfew.
Less rif-raf walking on the roads at night and less crime in our area.

Mike Angelo

Here in Boksburg they don't seem to care, some only start going out at midnight.

MeestaR

Expert Member
Dem ricers... I constantly hear them on the highway with their bikes, Civics and what have you that makes a lot of noise in the dead of the night... (I live near the highway to not hear the cars but only the loud ones stand out)
"Lockdown curfew" be damned.. 2-3AM, I hear them, mostly the Golfs with the DSG farts.... bwaa-prrrt-bwaaa...
The curfew was in effect to keep the people off the streets (mostly people making trouble)?

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Please everyone, stay home and be safe
And pay your tv licence
Thank You
Ramaphosa vs Dlamini-Zuma: the state of play in a graphic