No widespread Internet under apartheid SA: Presidency

Lord Farquart

Expert Member
Yup. We also got smartphones, Xbox One, PS4 and BF4 under their rule. I will now vote ANC.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
lol... there wasn't much Internet anywhere in the world before 1994. It was just getting started... Chop.

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
Unbelievable how a governments failures can still be blamed on apartheid 20 years later....

Valerion

Expert Member
Yes ... the ANC started governing in 1994. The Internet really took off internationally in 1992. So that is a given that the previous government could not supply it.

siraman

Expert Member
The ANC has run out of idea's and can only conjure the past,it has become bankrupt.

saor

Honorary Master
What's this now - the third or fourth such article on mybb today where Zuma spews some nonsensical bs? Every time he speaks....every time...there's never anything that shows signs of an intelligent human being who's interested in doing cool things with this country. Ffs.

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
ANC gave us internet ? ANC 4 LIFE!!!!

lol
The DA's farked now....:p
No more calling Afrihost/Mweb or Telkom when i have a exchange congestion problems, i'm calling the ANC directly, they must sort out this ****, my connection drops the whole time and i have crappy ping response times.

Last edited:

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Thats it...

I'm voting for the ANC, they've brought us all this cool stuff since Apartheid ended.

Syphonx

Expert Member
And if the government hadn't interfered in the telecoms industry we would be much better off today.

Sherbang

Executive Member
I agree though that if apartheid had not ended we would not have the freedoms we have today and the internet would be severely restricted. The apartheid government was not shy when it came to censorship and banning media, music, movies and anything even slightly critical, or even potentially critical of the government.