Noah's Flood and Catastrophic Plate Tectonics (from Pangea to Today) (Short Version)

Splinter

Honorary Master
Both kinds of faith are equally faith..... both have the same requirements for belief. You are the dishonest one in that you try to elevate the one above the other in a way that is irrational.
It seems you keep on trying to equate a belief in science to a belief in your religious god.

And therefore, that a faith in science is equivalent to a faith in (your) god.

You are correct in that we have a belief and a faith in science. Obviously.

The difference is, our faith and belief is based on facts and a continuously growing base of knowledge. But, we are aware that there is a probability/possibility that things we currently believe (have faith in) in may change with further time and advances. And we will accept those changes; given proof and evidence.

Your faith/belief has absolutely no inclination to change or adapt. Even though it was written 2000 years ago by people who would think a light bulb was gods coming.

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
You are ridiculous, dripping with intolerant contempt, there is no point attempting to take anything you say seriously. Half the time I don't even know whether you actually believe anything you say. Yes you find it easy to ridicule because you display the sense of humour of a child.

I have given no ad hominem's or other insults to anyone today.... if you actually see any then it only proves that either your imagination has run off with your sense or you have a ridiculously fragile ego.... but then again you probably think this is also an insult.
Ad hominem = the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument.

Ad Hominem = "You are ridiculous, dripping with intolerant contempt"
Ad Hominem = "Yes you find it easy to ridicule because you display the sense of humour of a child."
Ad Hominem = "your imagination has run off with your sense or you have a ridiculously fragile ego"

"I have given no ad hominem's or other insults to anyone today"

oh really ;) the two paragraphs are the definition of Ad Hominem you couldn't respond so you are attacking me. Please remember who engaged who again I wasn't responding to you I responded to Shauny and you butted in.

I bring facts and you cant because you have a fact less belief system which is why you are defending faith by trying to change its meaning to fit your agenda.

Please go ahead and ignore me if you cant handle or understand ("I don't even know whether you actually believe anything you say") the debate.

rambo919

Executive Member
It seems you keep on trying to equate a belief in science to a belief in your religious god.

And therefore, that a faith in science is equivalent to a faith in (your) god.

You are correct in that we have a belief and a faith in science. Obviously.

The difference is, our faith and belief is based on facts and a continuously growing base of knowledge. But, we are aware that there is a probability/possibility that things we currently believe (have faith in) in may change with further time and advances. And we will accept those changes; given proof and evidence.

Your faith/belief has absolutely no inclination to change or adapt. Even though it was written 2000 years ago by people who would think a light bulb was gods coming.
Yes, you have a convenient faith system that allows you to alter it at will.... you prefer malleable truths to objective one's, truths that adapt and change depending on how you feel about them.

Your kind of truth is one made in your own image..... it's you worshiping yourself.

rambo919

Executive Member
Ad hominem = the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument.

Ad Hominem = "You are ridiculous, dripping with intolerant contempt"
Ad Hominem = "Yes you find it easy to ridicule because you display the sense of humour of a child."
Ad Hominem = "your imagination has run off with your sense or you have a ridiculously fragile ego"

"I have given no ad hominem's or other insults to anyone today"

oh really ;) the two paragraphs are the definition of Ad Hominem you couldn't respond so you are attacking me. Please remember who engaged who again I wasn't responding to you I responded to Shauny and you butted in.

I bring facts and you cant because you have a fact less belief system which is why you are defending faith by trying to change its meaning to fit your agenda.

Please go ahead and ignore me if you cant handle or understand ("I don't even know whether you actually believe anything you say") the debate.
Translation: I will misconstrue everything said about me that I don't like as a personal attack, I am clearly above all reproach and never behave like a naughty child in need of attention be it positive or negative

That's called narcissism...... and no you bring no facts, you bring personal grudges. You seem to abuse this forum as a means to strike back at a God you have grown to hate for whatever personal reasons. You and @Splinter needlessly pick useless fights for personal gratification with everyone and when they point out your bad behaviour you shout "ad hominem ad homimen ad hominem".... that IS the behaviour of a irresponsible child.

You even admit you do it for entertainment and seem to see nothing wrong with being so obnoxious.

TysonRoux

Executive Member
Picture this scenario - grumpy father notices his teenage daughter Sally's belly bulge and questions if Johnny from down the road has been giving it to her, they both deny ever having S E X, even after baby Dotty is born a few months later.

Can't prove it, so grumpy dad has to accept that his daughter had a "Mary incident".

Splinter

Honorary Master
Yes, you have a convenient faith system that allows you to alter it at will.... you prefer malleable truths to objective one's, truths that adapt and change depending on how you feel about them.

Your kind of truth is one made in your own image..... it's you worshiping yourself.
I'm sorry, but you keep on making the most ludicrous statements ever. You know, just to return the questions you asked - were you touched by (a physical) someone to make you believe so fervently?

rustypup

You seem to abuse this forum as a means to strike back at a God you have grown to hate
Given that there is no god, of any flavour, that's one heck of an accusation.

Perhaps you'd care to present anything approaching a reproducible test proving the existence of this purported sky-faerie?

You know. Anything that doesn't come from the creatively edited, delusional, ravings of bronze-age goat-herders?

Anything? Nothing?

Well. Isn't that a crying shame.

Splinter

Honorary Master
That's called narcissism...... and no you bring no facts, you bring personal grudges. You seem to abuse this forum as a means to strike back at a God you have grown to hate for whatever personal reasons. You and @Splinter needlessly pick useless fights for personal gratification with everyone and when they point out your bad behaviour you shout "ad hominem ad homimen ad hominem".... that IS the behaviour of a irresponsible child.

You even admit you do it for entertainment and seem to see nothing wrong with being so obnoxious.
This has been answered.

A question - are you really living in a small town in the Karoo?

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
Translation: I will misconstrue everything said about me that I don't like as a personal attack, I am clearly above all reproach and never behave like a naughty child in need of attention be it positive or negative

So now you know me, generally on the forum I'm pretty chilled and most of the time I'm a silent partner who just reads but I don't suffer fools and when someone says the second coming is coming or they are trying to incorrectly use faith or "the world may end this century" but not really end only the way I see it I will correct that incorrect notion.

If you don't like it don't post ridiculous posts!!!

Now I'm a narcissist or you are deflecting maybe when you were mansplaing rape to a rape victim that was pretty narcissistic (I still stayed out of it). I'm not going to lie I don't like you and I don't see anything wrong with that, I don't get on with everyone especially people who don't use logic in their reasoning.

I have said in the one thread @Splinter posted that I didn't agree with him and stayed out of the thread I found it unnecessary to provoke the subject he was provoking and I think thats fair but correct me if I'm wrong. I did the same to you when I saw you were trolling the other thread.

Guy if your only response is to attack a persons character rather then debate the subject at hand I will continually call you out and you will keep losing your sh#t, you literally provoke everyone in any thread I have seen you in from covid - rape - politics - religion so like don't deflect.

Is it not entertaining to see people beliefs or how their brain works if its not to you so be it.

Last edited:

Splinter

Honorary Master
I'm sorry, but you keep on making the most ludicrous statements ever. You know, just to return the questions you asked - were you touched by (a physical) someone to make you believe so fervently?
This has been answered.

A question - are you really living in a small town in the Karoo?
And @rambo919 will stay away until these questions are "forgotten".

rambo919

Executive Member
So now you know me, generally on the forum I'm pretty chilled and most of the time I'm a silent partner who just reads but I don't suffer fools and when someone says the second coming is coming or they are trying to incorrectly use faith or "the world may end this century" but not really end only the way I see it I will correct that incorrect notion.

If you don't like it don't post ridiculous posts!!!

Now I'm a narcissist or you are deflecting maybe when you were mansplaing rape to a rape victim that was pretty narcissistic (I still stayed out of it). I'm not going to lie I don't like you and I don't see anything wrong with that, I don't get on with everyone especially people who don't use logic in their reasoning.
Just because you don't agree with a statement does not give you some kind of mythical moral high ground.

You are seeing insults where there are none, I was merely being honest.... i guess this is not something you are used to with people around you staying silent about for some reason or another. and you are a hypocrite since you have been an arse to everyone that disagrees with you from the start.... as if disagreement with you is some sort of crime.... again.... narcissism.

Mansplaining is a nonsense term used by woman when they loose an argument against men, when men do the exact same thing with other men suddenly it's not mansplaining..... it's a minor temper tantrum. There are times where it mitght apply in which a man summaries something shortly to get to the real point and just move the conversation along and be done with the irrelevant details but.... again men do that regardless of whether or not woman are involved.

I don't care if you like me, I don't like you either, I have made no steps to hide that. Neither of us is under any obligation to like the other.

No you don't use logic, you abuse it. Any logic you personally dislike you either ignore or ridicule. You have a hierarchy of logic based on how comfortable it is. You call speculation fact and then throw a fit whenever someone says it's not.

People that use logic to counter an argument they find faulty don't do it while dancing and singing..... they do it with respect and dignity at least towards themselves. That's the difference between a child and a grownup.

I have said in the one thread @Splinter posted that I didn't agree with him and stayed out of the thread I found it unnecessary to provoke the subject he was provoking and I think thats fair but correct me if I'm wrong. I did the same to you when I saw you were trolling the other thread.
Firstly, I don't troll. I find no emotional gratification where it comes to upsetting others, I simply tell the truth no matter how upset they get.... a major difference.

I don't follow where you post or don't post.... I honestly don't care enough about anyone to bother doing that.

I also don't care what any number of trolls agree or disagree with, that's the path to madness and I prefer to not even dip my toe into it.

Guy if your only response is to attack a persons character rather then debate the subject at hand I will continually call you out and you will keep losing your sh#t, you literally provoke everyone in any thread I have seen you in from covid - rape - politics - religion so like don't deflect.

Is it not entertaining to see people beliefs or how their brain works if its not to you so be it.
Again, it's your behaviour I was critiquing (admittedly irritated at times) not your character. It's not that I provoke anyone, it's my insistence on absolute and objective truth or fact that provokes..... you have not seen me provoking people, I have not gotten mean, this is not bragging it's something actually shameful to admit, I have been holding back the monster so to speak.

And no, I have not lost my sh#t as you put it, you are seeing things that are not there, I have clearly stayed calmer than you.... perhaps you see my stopping to take you seriously as rage but.... it's just me stopping to care about an opinon that is clearly either fake or purely emotion based. When you become irrational and keep pidgion strutting over decaying strawmen because you assumed things I never said.... am i not charitable to merely call you a troll?

rambo919

Executive Member
Given that there is no god, of any flavour, that's one heck of an accusation.

Perhaps you'd care to present anything approaching a reproducible test proving the existence of this purported sky-faerie?

You know. Anything that doesn't come from the creatively edited, delusional, ravings of bronze-age goat-herders?

Anything? Nothing?

Well. Isn't that a crying shame.
You're drunk sally, go home.

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
Just because you don't agree with a statement does not give you some kind of mythical moral high ground.

You are seeing insults where there are none, I was merely being honest.... i guess this is not something you are used to with people around you staying silent about for some reason or another. and you are a hypocrite since you have been an arse to everyone that disagrees with you from the start.... as if disagreement with you is some sort of crime.... again.... narcissism.
More strawman and Ad Hominem whats this got to do with the topic?

I'm goin to tell you again I don't care what you think about me please drop the logical fallacies.

Mansplaining is a nonsense term used by woman when they loose an argument against men, when men do the exact same thing with other men suddenly it's not mansplaining..... it's a minor temper tantrum. There are times where it mitght apply in which a man summaries something shortly to get to the real point and just move the conversation along and be done with the irrelevant details but.... again men do that regardless of whether or not woman are involved.
You were never the less mansplaining.

No you don't use logic, you abuse it. Any logic you personally dislike you either ignore or ridicule. You have a hierarchy of logic based on how comfortable it is. You call speculation fact and then throw a fit whenever someone says it's not.

People that use logic to counter an argument they find faulty don't do it while dancing and singing..... they do it with respect and dignity at least towards themselves. That's the difference between a child and a grownup.
Logic is logic you cant abuse it, it is either logical or it isn't. The Great flood is illogical and the pseudo science you post is ridiculous (deserving or inviting derision or mockery; absurd by definition). So ridicule is the only way to confront it.

Firstly, I don't troll. I find no emotional gratification where it comes to upsetting others, I simply tell the truth no matter how upset they get.... a major difference.
You admitted in the other thread with @Ponderer that you occasionally troll so once again you are being dishonest. Well if your only truth is to call people names instead of arguing the points thats an issue with you not me.

No you never troll "You're drunk sally, go home. "
I don't follow where you post or don't post.... I honestly don't care enough about anyone to bother doing that.

I also don't care what any number of trolls agree or disagree with, that's the path to madness and I prefer to not even dip my toe into it.
Immaterial filler

Again, it's your behaviour I was critiquing (admittedly irritated at times) not your character. It's not that I provoke anyone, it's my insistence on absolute and objective truth or fact that provokes..... you have not seen me provoking people, I have not gotten mean, this is not bragging it's something actually shameful to admit, I have been holding back the monster so to speak.

And no, I have not lost my sh#t as you put it, you are seeing things that are not there, I have clearly stayed calmer than you.... perhaps you see my stopping to take you seriously as rage but.... it's just me stopping to care about an opinon that is clearly either fake or purely emotion based. When you become irrational and keep pidgion strutting over decaying strawmen because you assumed things I never said.... am i not charitable to merely call you a troll?
You have yet to show once piece of evidence that hasn't been debunked and your "absolute and objective truth or fact" are normally based around logical fallacies that I point out.

The way you see yourself and the way every one else see you are very different "you have not seen me provoking people, I have not gotten mean, this is not bragging it's something actually shameful to admit." that is by definition delusional

You have lost your sh*t numerous times (where you and ponderer were going on like school children) but now you are back tracking because I called you out, staying calmer by changing the topic to personally attacking me.....right (gotta remind myself what you beleive when I read this). Please point out an irrational post, please point out the assumptions I made

I still find your lack of being able to accept facts and logic fascinating ...... I cant help it

rambo919

Executive Member
More strawman and Ad Hominem whats this got to do with the topic?
By your logic calling a prostitute a whore is an Ad Hominem...... it's not an insult it's what he/she is. And no calm down I have not called you a whore.

I'm goin to tell you again I don't care what you think about me please drop the logical fallacies.
Fine, then why would I bother responding to you further?

You were never the less mansplaining.
Nope mansplaining is a figment of the imagination of delusional feminists, it does not exist.

Logic is logic you cant abuse it, it is either logical or it isn't. The Great flood is illogical and the pseudo science you post is ridiculous (deserving or inviting derision or mockery; absurd by definition). So ridicule is the only way to confront it.
Incorrect, there are many forms of logic as well as many implementations.... you are oversimplifying for the sake of comfort.

You believe a young creation is pseudo science, I believe macro evolution is pseudo science..... do I go around figuratively poking peoples eyes and attempting to bully them into converting to my side? No, I point out the fallacies of their beliefs and wait for them choose for themselves. I only push back as I get pushed, I don't initiate.... you actively seek conflict and take great pains to personalize it because someone DARES to not agree with your worldview. You even see people as attacking you personally when they could not in reality care less most of the time.

You admitted in the other thread with @Ponderer that you occasionally troll so once again you are being dishonest. Well if your only truth is to call people names instead of arguing the points thats an issue with you not me.
Again, calling a prostitute a whore is not name calling, and no I never admitted to trolling that I can recall. Mocking people is not trolling if you are accurate. Mock me all you like but at least hit the correct targets.

No you never troll "You're drunk sally, go home. "
That's not trolling, that's a joke..... find a sense of humour somewhere... please.

Immaterial filler
No, conveniently ignored as it contradicts your delusions of superiority to the point where others should care how you feel about them.

You have yet to show once piece of evidence that hasn't been debunked and your "absolute and objective truth or fact" are normally based around logical fallacies that I point out.
You have yet to actually look at what I say instead of pigeon strutting or completely ignoring something that becomes inconvenient. Your logical fallacies are strawmen. In fact I have often shown that my criteria for truth or fact are far stricter than yours I think. If you actually calmed the fk down for once and properly analyze what other people say you would see that. I am at least able to properly differentiate between beliefs and facts... you fail to see some of your "facts" for the beliefs they technically are.... which is why you incorrectly accuse me of redefining what belief is when it's actually me that goes to the fundamental level and work outward instead of you that that do it the other way around.

The way you see yourself and the way every one else see you are very different "you have not seen me provoking people, I have not gotten mean, this is not bragging it's something actually shameful to admit." that is by definition delusional
You are again seeing things that are not there, again, I have not actively provoked anyone.

I seem to have a unfortunate talent for touching sensitive nerves yes but that's passive and without ulterior motives.

You have lost your sh*t numerous times (where you and ponderer were going on like school children) but now you are back tracking because I called you out, staying calmer by changing the topic to personally attacking me.....right (gotta remind myself what you beleive when I read this). Please point out an irrational post, please point out the assumptions I made
This quote is obviously one such assumption, I did once loose my temper properly a few weeks ago but I did not actually let go of my rage. I made it clear that my opinion of a certain someone that will not be named had changed and I let the conflict go. Admittedly there was one post where I personally attacked him but I deleted embarrassing post within a minute after when sense returned.

Other times where I have been needlessly mean I have apologized. If I am incorrect or behave badly I admit it.

I have not actually personally attacked you, you would know if I did there would be no ambiguity.

If you want me to apologize for something specific say so along with providing reasonable reasons for me having gotten the incorrect impression. Again, I have nothing personal against you other than that you continually behave as if others have some sort of obligation to believe what you believe.

If I am pushed I push back, I see nothing wrong with defending either myself or my beliefs. If you find my beliefs horrendous.... that's your problem don't make it mine.

I still find your lack of being able to accept facts and logic fascinating ...... I cant help it
Facts I accept, fallacies I don't. Simply calling something a fact does nothing other than proclaiming a belief in it being so.

rambo919

Executive Member
@Scary_Turtle

I wonder if perhaps a fundamental problem here is you simply misunderstanding my loosing patience and stopping to give someone the benefit of the doubt with "loosing my s#t"? It's not an increase in anger, it's a decrease in attempting to be civil with someone that obviously has no intention of reciprocating.

What would be the point in being polite to someone obviously out to emotionally abuse people for emotional gratification of some kind?

rustypup

What would be the point in being polite to someone obviously out to emotionally abuse people for emotional gratification of some kind?
Safe spaces!

Life lesson: Don't claim delusional beliefs to be factual then get bent out of joint when people point and laugh. The problem isn't the laughing.

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
By your logic calling a prostitute a whore is an Ad Hominem...... it's not an insult it's what he/she is. And no calm down I have not called you a whore.
Yes when you are discussing eggs and you call her a whore that is Ad Hominem.

Incorrect, there are many forms of logic as well as many implementations.... you are oversimplifying for the sake of comfort.

You believe a young creation is pseudo science, I believe macro evolution is pseudo science..... do I go around figuratively poking peoples eyes and attempting to bully them into converting to my side? No, I point out the fallacies of their beliefs and wait for them choose for themselves. I only push back as I get pushed, I don't initiate.... you actively seek conflict and take great pains to personalize it because someone DARES to not agree with your worldview. You even see people as attacking you personally when they could not in reality care less most of the time.
No logic is logic there may be 1000 ways to get there but the end result has to be logical unlike young earth. You see young earth is a hypothesis and will never become a theory because it is factless unlike evolution.

Your post 194 is a personal attack it has nothing to do with anything we were discussing you came after me and it is only your delusion if it is not.

Again, calling a prostitute a whore is not name calling, and no I never admitted to trolling that I can recall. Mocking people is not trolling if you are accurate. Mock me all you like but at least hit the correct targets.

That's not trolling, that's a joke..... find a sense of humour somewhere... please.
Oh really imagine your mom was a prostitute and you went around calling her a whore.......trying to wiggle your way out of a tight situation. I don't mock people thats the cowards way out I will mock their incorrect ideas like your ridiculous red head - neanderthal attempt showing how little you know on the subject.

Oh yes when I joke I'm trolling but when you do your a funny modern day saint ...... delusional much.

You have yet to actually look at what I say instead of pigeon strutting or completely ignoring something that becomes inconvenient. Your logical fallacies are strawmen. In fact I have often shown that my criteria for truth or fact are far stricter than yours I think. If you actually calmed the fk down for once and properly analyze what other people say you would see that. I am at least able to properly differentiate between beliefs and facts... you fail to see some of your "facts" for the beliefs they technically are.... which is why you incorrectly accuse me of redefining what belief is when it's actually me that goes to the fundamental level and work outward instead of you that that do it the other way around.
I did but like i said you are bringing nothing new to the table that hasn't been debunked before over and over and over again it becomes tiring. You criteria for truth are laughable because you start with God (something unproven) and make the world fit into that model yet that model doesn't fit the world.

I said you redefined faith not belief which is what you did don't put words in my mouth.
I seem to have a unfortunate talent for touching sensitive nerves yes but that's passive and without ulterior motives.
Seeing how dishonest you are I doubt you not having ulterior motives.
Other times where I have been needlessly mean I have apologized. If I am incorrect or behave badly I admit it.

I have not actually personally attacked you, you would know if I did there would be no ambiguity.

If you want me to apologize for something specific say so along with providing reasonable reasons for me having gotten the incorrect impression. Again, I have nothing personal against you other than that you continually behave as if others have some sort of obligation to believe what you believe.
I'm amazed you are finally calm, I don't need an apology from you everything is out there for people to see what kind of a person you are they can make there own decisions from that. I would personally be embarrassed with post 194 but hey we all have different standards.

If I am pushed I push back, I see nothing wrong with defending either myself or my beliefs. If you find my beliefs horrendous.... that's your problem don't make it mine.

Facts I accept, fallacies I don't. Simply calling something a fact does nothing other than proclaiming a belief in it being so.
Yeah but I ignore you and then you push so that isn't true either. I don't find them horrendous but rather ridiculous. As long you keep spreading incorrect information I will keep making it your problem.

You do accept fallacies but don't acknowledge them like the Ad Hominen. I'm not going to try and straw man here but i believe it is because you need the God figure to help you with your life somehow and thats fine but trying to use facts to determine that belief is impossible.