Nokia 3.2 now available in South Africa

Totempole

Expert Member
These Nokia devices are being released far too late. At this price point a Quad Core Snapdragon 429 chipset just isn't going to cut it anymore.

We should be seeing a Snapdragon 625, 632, or at least a Mediatek Helio P22.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
These Nokia devices are being released far too late. At this price point a Quad Core Snapdragon 429 chipset just isn't going to cut it anymore.

You buy Nokia for stock Android One and fast OS updates. My Honor 9 lite only got Pie last week.

Last edited:

genetic

Honorary Master

Which other phones with a 625 or 632 chipset are being sold for R2,300?

Totempole

Expert Member
You buy Nokia for stock Android One and fast OS updates. My Honor 9 lite only got Pie last week.
Fast updates aren't necessarily a good thing. Nokia has a bad habit of releasing updates before testing them properly. At least that was my experience with the Nokia 5.

InternetLuddite

Expert Member
Fast updates aren't necessarily a good thing. Nokia has a bad habit of releasing updates before testing them properly. At least that was my experience with the Nokia 5.
And a contrary view is that my 7 plus gets updates and no issues. So maybe just it was related to your phone model?

I need to buy a few phones with android one and they need to be dual SIM .. any recommendations since we can't get the dual SIM version of nokias in SA?

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
And a contrary view is that my 7 plus gets updates and no issues. So maybe just it was related to your phone model?

I need to buy a few phones with android one and they need to be dual SIM .. any recommendations since we can't get the dual SIM version of nokias in SA?
Can get them from Cellucity.

Totempole

Expert Member

My only real qualm with Nokia was the awful camera app that only seemed to get worse with every update. I don't know if it was just my phone, but focus lock in video (or photo for that matter) was never an option. I know they released a "Pro Mode", but that was only for stills, and only came to Nokia's with Zeiss lenses.

Xiaomi's camera app is very feature rich taking the price into account.

Apogee

Can get them from Cellucity.
Or even cheaper at Foschini from all places.

Got the dual-sim 5.1 there 3 weeks ago. The 5.1 Plus has a lower-resolution screen, so opted for the standard model.

It updated to Android 9 Pie the moment it connected to the Internet.

No problems with it at all so far.

rambo919

Executive Member
I remember people constantly having teething problems when they started making phones using the Nokia name again..... might have gotten better by now.