Nokia 6 Release date South Africa?

Zoldyck

any ideas on the nokia 3 release, i got a call from MTN today asking if I want to take it on a contract for R149 on an anytime 100. I dont see it in their monthly magazine nor on their website...Is worth it?

francoislr

Expert Member
Okay, from page 32 and 33 in this month's MTN Y'ello deals:

Nokia 3 for R149 a month on MTNChoice Flexi R110 or R2199 cash, says 'Coming Soon'.

Nokia 5 for R249 a month on MTNChoice Flexi R200 or for R2999 cash, also says 'Coming Soon'.

Nokia 6....Missing. Never mind Nokia 6 Arte Black?! This is bullshipped! I guess I will wait and see who brings out the Nokia 6 first, or just import it.

francoislr

Expert Member
any ideas on the nokia 3 release, i got a call from MTN today asking if I want to take it on a contract for R149 on an anytime 100. I dont see it in their monthly magazine nor on their website...Is worth it?

From all the reviews I have read so far I would not consider the Nokia 3. Get the 5 or 6,the 3 is just too basic.

francoislr

Expert Member
Cell C flyer for this month has Nokia 3, 5 and 6. Nokia 6 Cash Price is R4299, or R329 on a 24-month contract. They feature the Nokia 3,5 and 6 on various deals, the cheapest being the above. Also worth noting is that their cash price for the Nokia 3 is R2499, Nokia 5 is R3599 where MTN is selling it for R2199 and R2999 respectively. So I think when the other providers bring out the Nokia 6, the price should be much cheaper than Cell C's price.

I myself really want the Nokia 6 Arte Black, more storage and more ram. I really really hope we get that here in SA.

Sumen

Expert Member
Nokia 6 Arte Black is not coming to SA but rather the standard 3GB RAM version is coming

jax_maxit

Did you end up importing it? My daily phone was stolen so looking for a replacement. The online reviews I've read have been mostly negative. *Edit: many users reported lagging, apps crashing and phone freezing during demanding tasks.

Friends of mine in the States found the 32GB/ 3GB Ram version (unlocked, brand new) for under $200 - should be cheaper on Cyber Monday.

Last edited:

Sumen

Expert Member
Did you end up importing it? My daily phone was stolen so looking for a replacement. The online reviews I've read have been mostly negative. *Edit: many users reported lagging, apps crashing and phone freezing during demanding tasks.

Friends of mine in the States found the 32GB/ 3GB Ram version (unlocked, brand new) for under $200 - should be cheaper on Cyber Monday.
The Arte Black never went on sale.
The Normal one you can get from MTN, Cell c sells it R1000 more so don't go there.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
The phones from MTN are not dual SIM, the 5 I got has the second sim space blocked with a separate SD card slot. I assume the 6 is the same
I see on gsmarena the Nokia 6 is only hybrid sim. Will go and ask MTN. To find a store willing to sell it prepaid is another issue...

jax_maxit

The Arte Black never went on sale.
The Normal one you can get from MTN, Cell c sells it R1000 more so don't go there.

I'm on Cell C (data) with a secondary Telkom Mobile SIM (cheap calls). All my data and minutes are sorted. Don't do contracts unfortunately.

I see on gsmarena the Nokia 6 is only hybrid sim. Will go and ask MTN. To find a store willing to sell it prepaid is another issue...

The more I read, the less I want this phone. 32 GB is enough for my storage and app needs, but I need a dual SIM phone.

Pho3nix

The Legend
I'm on Cell C (data) with a secondary Telkom Mobile SIM (cheap calls). All my data and minutes are sorted. Don't do contracts unfortunately.

The more I read, the less I want this phone. 32 GB is enough for my storage and app needs, but I need a dual SIM phone.

Try Cell C. Only they and Telkom do dual sim phones.

jax_maxit

My feedback. I ended up buying a different phone. It was too much of a hassle to get a hold of the model I wanted.

I have a fully functioning Nokia I bought back in 2011. Has the original battery and everything works buttery smooth. I was really hoping to get another Nokia (Android version).

bikefan

Hi. I have the Nokia 6. It took MTN 3 months to ship it due to "technical difficulties" but now it's here. I'm not an expert but it's OK and I just wanted a nice basic phone.

One question though - how do I listen to my music on it?? Do I have to pay a monthly fee for google music?? My previous Sonys all had a preloaded music player. All you do is open MediaGo and it was easy. I have no idea how do it with this Nokia.

Any advice??

R4ndom

Hi. I have the Nokia 6. It took MTN 3 months to ship it due to "technical difficulties" but now it's here. I'm not an expert but it's OK and I just wanted a nice basic phone.

One question though - how do I listen to my music on it?? Do I have to pay a monthly fee for google music?? My previous Sonys all had a preloaded music player. All you do is open MediaGo and it was easy. I have no idea how do it with this Nokia.

Any advice??

Do you want to stream music or do you own the music already? If you have the files you can copy them onto the phone / SD card and use any music player like power amp, rocket player etc (Google music should work as well).

If you want to stream music you can use Google Music or sound cloud.