Nokia credit rating downgrade considered by Standard & Poor's

TJ99

Honorary Master
So now they're going to downgrade Nokia's credit rating from Standard & Poor, to SubStandard & PissPoor!

Bazinga! :D

Sl8er

Executive Member
Whaaahahaha!

Could this be the kick-in-the-pants that Nokia needs / needed to get their crap together...?

McT

The Humble Scot!
The Nokia phone is probably not the problem, but the OS needs urgent and major overhaul (me thinks).

Sl8er

Executive Member
The Nokia phone is probably not the problem, but the OS needs urgent and major overhaul (me thinks).
Agreed.

Where, "Could this be the kick-in-the-pants that Nokia needs..." = maybe this will force Nokia to start thinking towards implementing a different OS. (Although Meego is about to happen, whether it succeeds or fails only time will tell.)

As you pointed out, though, the hardware is top notch, the OS is their weak point. It's going to be interesting to see how Nokia responds to this.

EtienneK

Expert Member
I really really really hope Nokia gets its act together.

I'm really not liking Android and I'm back on my 2 year old Nokia.

Sl8er

Executive Member
I really really really hope Nokia gets its act together.

I'm really not liking Android and I'm back on my 2 year old Nokia.
WOW! Really?! I was going to go the N8 route, but have started "researching" Android -more spcifically the Desire HD. Still deciding though, the upgrade only happens in about 2-3 months from now, so I have some time. What is it that doesn't work for you on Android? (I thought Android was supposed to be the sht....)

EtienneK

Expert Member
WOW! Really?! I was going to go the N8 route, but have started "researching" Android -more spcifically the Desire HD. Still deciding though, the upgrade only happens in about 2-3 months from now, so I have some time. What is it that doesn't work for you on Android? (I thought Android was supposed to be the sht....)
As with most Google products, it feels unfinished.