Nokia sales tumble, but Lumia picks-up

Mouse

Expert Member
Elop had said the transition would take about two years, a period that’s now over, raising questions about how much longer he has to show the company is on the right track.

“Basically, he has only the second quarter,” said Mikko Ervasti at Finnish investment banking and wealth management group Evli.
Hopefully they will get rid of Elop soon and we can have our Nokia's running Android :)

Avenue

Expert Member
Hopefully they will get rid of Elop soon and we can have our Nokia's running Android :)
+1

Symbian was the future!!:D
Oh geez, not that. I went into the app store the other day on my symbian phone and there were a total of about 20 apps- and 90 % of them had scantly clad women as icons.

I then did a search online, and ended up with links for the sybian pleasure saddle. *facepalm*

Last edited:

McCrazieGoalz

Expert Member

Avenue

Expert Member

McCrazieGoalz

Expert Member
Since they have already done so using WP7/8
Why not just give the market what it wants?
How hard is that to understand?
HTC did that yet they are in a position that is actually worse than Nokia's (or BlackBerry's for that matter).

Product differentiation is what the big gun (Nokia) is going for. It will not be a small fish in a big pond dominated already by its fiercest rival (Samsung)

Forget it. You cannot have two bulls in one pen. Its just idiotic.

Last edited:

Mouse

Expert Member
HTC did that yet they are in a position that is actually worse than Nokia's (or BlackBerry's for that matter).

Product differentiation is what the big gun (Nokia) is going for.
Their strength is (was?) their quality hardware. That's how they should have differentiated from the rest, while offering Android (alongside WP7/8) as a stopgap measure or even permanent solution, while they sort out their own OS. That would have been the sensible thing to do (for Nokia)

That would have allowed them to see which one sold more, and target that platform accordingly (and that's what nearly every other phone manufacturer has done)

What was done instead only seems to benefit MS.