Nokia unveils its first tablet - the Lumia 2520

Dolby

Honorary Master
I don't know if others are the same, but I want both my tablet AND phone running the same OS ... whether iOS, Android or Windows.

Although I'd be curious with a Windows tablet, I wouldn't invest in it as I'm happy running an Android phone right now

JimM

Expert Member
At last a tablet with a BSOD... :)

Stick with Android and you'll go far!

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
I don't know if others are the same, but I want both my tablet AND phone running the same OS ... whether iOS, Android or Windows.

Although I'd be curious with a Windows tablet, I wouldn't invest in it as I'm happy running an Android phone right now
Did you know you can install Android on your PC too?

roguemat

Expert Member
Why do you guys make these really terrible, half-arsed articles?
There is MUCH better coverage at The Verge, WPCentral, and countless other places.

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
Will be impossible to penetrate the tablet market at this stage.

Only people happy with Lumia phones will buy this - the rest will stick to Android and Apple...

grim

Expert Member
Why do you guys make these really terrible, half-arsed articles?
There is MUCH better coverage at The Verge, WPCentral, and countless other places.
Lol. Play nice :)

Agreed though, but damn she's sexy. I see a new tablet in my near future.

McCrazieGoalz

Expert Member
Nokia said that the Lumia 2520 will initially be available for sale in the US, UK and Finland at an estimated price of USD 499 before local taxes and subsidies.
Is this with the keyboard cover?

As for the people who think Android and iOS tablets cannot be challenged, you've got something coming.

I believe MS has the advantage of PC and Office suite dominance and this just might work in its favor. Y'all had counted out Win8 as a non-starter but it already beats the entire OSX. Next inline is Android and iOS.

To me a Windows tablet makes more sense because of Office and for the very fact that it is Windows. Now, being that it is on a Nokia and looks just as sweet as a Lumia phone - wow.

koeks525

Expert Member
A Nokia Tablet, yho its so cool! The specs of it are quite nice too.

siraman

Expert Member

As for the people who think Android and iOS tablets cannot be challenged, you've got something coming.

I believe MS has the advantage of PC and Office suite dominance and this just might work in its favor. Y'all had counted out Win8 as a non-starter but it already beats the entire OSX. Next inline is Android and iOS.

To me a Windows tablet makes more sense because of Office and for the very fact that it is Windows. Now, being that it is on a Nokia and looks just as sweet as a Lumia phone - wow.
I concur.

jannievanzyl

Telecoms expert

If they can match the iPad's battery life and everything else is 'Lumia' quality, I'm in.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Will be impossible to penetrate the tablet market at this stage.

Only people happy with Lumia phones will buy this - the rest will stick to Android and Apple...
Maybe. I'm currently considering moving to a Lumia phone plainly because I'm a bit bored with Android. If the Windows Environment turns out to be awesome I might consider the Nokia tablet...else I'll get that Nexus 7.