Nokia will sell mobile phone unit to Microsoft for 5.44 billion euros

Vegeta

Executive Member
I really do think this was the plan all along. Corporate sabotage by strategically placing Elop

Vis1/0N

Expert Member
Well played Stephen Elop, expect you to be the the new Microsoft CEO. A*hole. Now MS will be market leaders in build quality and ?. Hope the eco system chokes.

I loved my Nokia phones and still carry one alongside my Android. Too bad it could not have been a modern Nokia handset but there you go.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
MS had no option otherwise they could of ended up with the Samsung and Android situation, really hoped MS bought Blackberry instead of this option

OGroteKoning

Honorary Master
This is sad news to me ... I hope MS will uphold device quality, but somehow I doubt it. And now I guess the option to have Android on Nokia is completely out the window

Tander

Executive Member
So if I read this correctly - Nokia sold it's mobile phone business to Microsoft, including all it's patents?

So means no more new Nokia phones and Nokia as a company will go into their networking and services business?

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Guess trojan Elop, did his job... bet you he is the New CEO of Microsoft come 2014.

So if I read this correctly - Nokia sold it's mobile phone business to Microsoft, including all it's patents?

So means no more new Nokia phones and Nokia as a company will go into their networking and services business?
Nope just the Mobile division. Nokia still exist and is keeping its patents, Microsoft just getting a 10 year lease as part of the deal.

Last edited:

OGroteKoning

Honorary Master
Guess trojan Elop, did his job... bet you he is the New CEO of Microsoft come 2014.

Nope just the Mobile division. Nokia still exist and is keeping its patents, Microsoft just getting a 10 year lease as part of the deal.
Him or McCrazieGoalz ... or could it be the same person??? :confused::p

Dlamaqhinga

Expert Member
I support this now Nokia will have access to MS deep pockets to makert their new phones

McCrazieGoalz

Expert Member
Him or McCrazieGoalz ... or could it be the same person??? :confused::p
Damn it.

I missed it. The Nokia CEO position is already filled. That's what I wanted.

As for the device quality? Its business as usual for Nokia.

This is good news for Windows Phone and Windows in general. It means all the Symbian patents can now be used on all Windows Phone and Windows devices. It is a giant leap forward for the entire ecosystem.

There are a lot of useful functions in Symbian devices that would bring WP up to speed.