Non-negotiable that ‘new SAA’ be flown by black pilots: Gordhan

skimread

Honorary Master
I have no problem flying on a plane flown by an African black pilot from a country where affirmative action and race quotas don't play a role.

Knowing the selection is based on race and affirmation action however makes me worry. Zondo commission has shown how entitlement of these individuals leads to disaster. Government has shown when they interfere and regulate, they destroy as there is no motivation of being the best at your job. Motivation becomes other things.

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
I recently watched the Chasing the Sun docu on SS. It was fantastic to see how Rassie and the team handled the transformation issues within the team in a transparent and open manner.

We all know how important it is to ensure SA is inclusive and fair. The problem is that a lot of the calls by politicians are purely populist in nature and not thought out properly. It's also racist without any sunset clauses but I digress.

If Gordhan could come up with a scientific and rational argument with numbers and facts (like number of qualified pilots broken down into racial/sex groups) and how their numbers will impact redress correctly, IE: ensure these pilots aren't already very well off without the need for government intervention, then I can agree with something like this.

If you want to address the racial issues in SA, at least be open and FACTUAL about it. Whaffling around with statements like "most of the land" and "all pilots have to be" etc etc is pure conjecture and opinion and has no meaning in resolving the problem in SA. All you are doing is dividing a nation.

Nemoneiros

Executive Member

Nemoneiros

Executive Member
I don't want a white pilot or a black pilot. I want the best pilot.
Skill and Merit are the only things that matter.
kak man: transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform transform..

Tot ons in ons fokken moer in is en dan:

transform daai moer ook boet!

eg2505

Honorary Master
I don't want a white pilot or a black pilot. I want the best pilot.
Skill and Merit are the only things that matter.

why is this so hard to understand for these people?
I know, management themselves only got where they are due to corruption and nepotism,

so why expect anything else from this corrupt management?

eg2505

Honorary Master
Agreed - when it comes to things like safety there's no room for quotas. Best person for the job, that's it.
maybe some shoe polish can come in handy :laugh: :laugh:
or a nice long vacation to tan out a bit, get that melanin count up.

Jola

Honorary Master
I will pay good money not to fly SAA, I just don't trust the airline.

Same as Eskom / Joburg Municipality, totally unreliable, but at least with those you are not a couple of kilometers above the ground.

Matt91

Expert Member
Awesome! I hope they only hire black pilots, that would be superb. Would also love to see what the CV of one these AA pilots looks like.

CV of:
→Philane Mabitsela Nkosi

Qualifications:
→Black skin

Experience:
→Watched Top Gun atleast 4 times
→Played MS flight sim in 1998 (only crashed twice on campaign mode)