Non-Vaccination brag thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lumeer

Expert Member

Shocking South African Hospital Data Another Blow to Vaccine Tyranny

Proportion of vaccinated in hospitals higher than in general population.

The memes have been flying around South African Whatsapp groups: Only the unvaccinated are in the hospitals! Only the unvaccinated are dying!

This was always a bit disingenuous as only a small minority of the South African population has been vaccinated anyway, and probably the health-conscious ones at that. It would also be odd that South Africa would be totally different in this regard when Israeli and UK data have clearly shown large proportions of vaccinated amongst new covid dead. (Hence all the boosters.)

But now, when data leaks from government, which shows the percentage of vaccinated patients in hospital for covid is higher than the percentage of total vaccinated in the population as a whole, the Whatsapp groups have gone quiet, as has the media.

More
Assuming for a moment that the data in the screenshot is authentic (the author himself seems less than certain), people who are at greater risk for Covid, are more likely to have been vaccinated, so vaccinated people will tend to be overrepresented amongst hospitalised patients.

Brian_G

Executive Member
So, Brian I assume you aren't vaccinated? What's your reason for avoiding the vaccine? You aren't like the other rambos, as you are old (or do you consider yourself healthy by the BBSA standard?). The virus isn't friendly with the older (assuming you're 50+ given your participation in the SANDF thread).
Don't get me started, again. Pretty much the same reasons as most who can see through the official hype abuse.
First clue - far too few dead proportionately, and that all along (not 'cos of the jabs).

But as I said, not getting started again. Life has risks, don't overuse chemicals.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
No worries. Conditions changed a lot in trauma over the years. Mainly to do with gang activity and population growth. Asked out of interest.

Oh, I stitched up a lot of gang activity and inserted several pneumo/haemothorax drains for stab wounds. My very first solo patient with a minor stab wound went into anaphylactic shock when I injected him with Lidocaine. Resulted in me sweating to get a stat Ringers Lactate drip in before the veins collapsed.

I also remember the community service sentence guy constantly mopping up the blood on the floor.

I'm interested to know what has changed except for more security?

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Don't get me started, again. Pretty much the same reasons as most who can see through the official hype abuse.
First clue - far too few dead proportionately, and that all along (not 'cos of the jabs).

But as I said, not getting started again. Life has risks, don't overuse chemicals.

The dead are not the problem. Your age stands to have comorbidities. And lasting serious damage to the spleen, liver, heart, lungs, arteries, kidneys and Renin-Antiogensen system from Covid. Not to forget the neurological effects.

Brian_G

Executive Member
The dead are not the problem. Your age stands to have comorbidities. And lasting serious damage to the spleen, liver, heart, lungs, arteries, kidneys and Renin-Antiogensen system from Covid. Not to forget the neurological effects.
Certainly a nasty virus. Fortunately not many who actually get sick get the complications.

What is clear, as the politics certainly isn't, is that the Karen / Snowflake behaviour is out of control, with everything. Perhaps a side-effect of the fear of all the things going wrong in nature iro our survival. Or too much lack of personal discipline applied / encouraged. Maybe just nature sorting out our extremes.

I'll leave off there, 'nuf said.

Venator

Expert Member
Certainly a nasty virus. Fortunately not many who actually get sick get the complications.

What is clear, as the politics certainly isn't, is that the Karen / Snowflake behaviour is out of control, with everything. Perhaps a side-effect of the fear of all the things going wrong in nature iro our survival. Or too much lack of personal discipline applied / encouraged. Maybe just nature sorting out our extremes.

I'll leave off there, 'nuf said.
The issue is when people, with no relevant training or experience, attempt to make truth claims in direct contrast to what experts are advising. It stems from irrational fears and poor reasoning.

If, for example, someone says "I don't trust the vaccine because we don't know what the long-term effects are", then they ought to walk through their own reasoning. Why do I have that fear? Why am I more concerned about the long term effects of a vaccine than what I am about the long-term effects of getting infected by the virus?
In the case of something like ivermectin, it's been interesting to see the cognitive dissonance at play when people on the one hand claim that the vaccines haven't undergone enough testing, and yet they're simultaneously engaging in and recommending that people take ivermectin, which has undergone even less testing for C-19.

Brian_G

Executive Member
The issue is when people, with no relevant training or experience, attempt to make truth claims in direct contrast to what experts are advising. It stems from irrational fears and poor reasoning.
Not always. There are many experts who disagree with the official info at times, and are seldom given the wider opportunity to discuss it with this virus.

In the case of something like ivermectin, it's been interesting to see the cognitive dissonance at play when people on the one hand claim that the vaccines haven't undergone enough testing, and yet they're simultaneously engaging in and recommending that people take ivermectin, which has undergone even less testing for C-19.
There we have a whole different issue, something for the IVM thread. However best to point out that few here have ever recommended it that I've seen, just discussed its values from their perspectives.

In the end, all any of us can hope for is enough people willing to keep their eyes open, there's too much smoke and some very real fires involved. Especially in this country.

Thanks all

R13...

Honorary Master

Is your reason that complicated? Seems a verbose round about way to say you prefer not to say why you won't take the vaccine despite being in one of the higher risk age groups.

Venator

Expert Member
Not always. There are many experts who disagree with the official info at times, and are seldom given the wider opportunity to discuss it with this virus.
But see, that's a very prominent matter of irrationality which needs to be discussed.
Why on earth would anyone look at the vast sea of expert assessment, and then conclude that the minority are the ones who are closer to the truth?
This is why it's so critical to spot our own confirmation biases.
If a person's uninformed opinion aligns with that of a handful of outliers, how does it make any sense to conclude "I am right", rather than "maybe the the expert majority know something I am yet to learn"?

If you were to run an experiment and plot out the data on a graph, you wouldn't take the outlier results as being correct, would you?

semaphore

Honorary Master
But see, that's a very prominent matter of irrationality which needs to be discussed.
Why on earth would anyone look at the vast sea of expert assessment, and then conclude that the minority are the ones who are closer to the truth?
If a person's uninformed opinion aligns with that of a handful of outliers, how does it make any sense to conclude "I am right", rather than "maybe the the expert majority know something I am yet to learn"?

If you were to run an experiment and plot out the data on a graph, you wouldn't take the outlier results as being correct, would you?
Because they took a textbook off their shelf and now are suddenly experts in virology and pharmacology.

tetrasect

Expert Member

Because it makes people feel important if they think they have exclusive knowledge about what's really happening.

All sorts of endorphins, hormones and neurotransmitters get released in their brains every time they think they've exposed some small part of the puzzle which will prove that we are all being played like puppets by some masterclass of ultrapowerful corporations/politicians/aliens/whatever.

So basically... drugs. Drugs is the correct answer.

Last edited:

Maurice Kitching

Oh, I stitched up a lot of gang activity and inserted several pneumo/haemothorax drains for stab wounds. My very first solo patient with a minor stab wound went into anaphylactic shock when I injected him with Lidocaine. Resulted in me sweating to get a stat Ringers Lactate drip in before the veins collapsed.

I also remember the community service sentence guy constantly mopping up the blood on the floor.

I'm interested to know what has changed except for more security?
I suspect I was there before your time. Pre-1994. Didn't like the place much. Security then was a cop station in the trauma ward. Probably been privatised by now. I remember the odd gang member waiting for his knife to be removed from his victim before laying claim and shoving off.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
I suspect I was there before your time. Pre-1994. Didn't like the place much. Security then was a cop station in the trauma ward. Probably been privatised by now. I remember the odd gang member waiting for his knife to be removed from his victim before laying claim and shoving off.

So you'll remember the SADF guys doing their training there? The place was very efficient though and I take my hat off to the senior female nursing staff that knew exactly what to do. I also remember the overseas doctors who came there for training as they don't get to see the injuries we did on a regular basis. While I was doing a chest drain one Belgian doctor asked me how long I had been working there and how many I had done. When I replied I had done four drains so far in a short time he told me he had only ever done two drains in Belgium in several years.

We don't actually realise how violent South Africa is.

Venator

Expert Member
So you'll remember the SADF guys doing their training there? The place was very efficient though and I take my hat off to the senior female nursing staff that knew exactly what to do. I also remember the overseas doctors who came there for training as they don't get to see the injuries we did on a regular basis. While I was doing a chest drain one Belgian doctor asked me how long I had been working there and how many I had done. When I replied I had done four drains so far in a short time he told me he had only ever done two drains in Belgium in several years.

We don't actually realise how violent South Africa is.
His surname wasn't Vaillant by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.