Noob Question

ashley3

Hi.

What happens after my free unlimited days expire? Does it start over from zero at the beginning of the next month?

Or should I cancel this sim and apply for a new one in the next month?

Thanks.

Once your unlimited data days end you will be charged the rate of R50/Gb (for all data used after your unlimited data days) unless you have the unlimited off peak in which case the R50/Gb is only charged between 06:00PM and Midnight and any data used during other times will be included in your unlimited off peak

ashley3

Once your unlimited data days end you will be charged the rate of R50/Gb (for all data used after your unlimited data days) unless you have the unlimited off peak in which case the R50/Gb is only charged between 06:00PM and Midnight and any data used during other times will be included in your unlimited off peak
Thanks, [MENTION=420065]basil katakuzinos[/MENTION] , I think I understand that part. I was wondering what happens the following month.
Do my free unlimited days start from zero or does it continue at the rate or R50/GB?

Should I then cancel my current sim and rather get a new one and start from zero again?

Thanks.

ashley3

Anybody?

Is there anybody that's been on Rain-Mobile for more than a month and took the 15-day free-unlimited offer?

What was your experience the following month? Did your Data Usage start from "0 GB used" and you got another
15 days free unlimited? Thanks.

RedViking

Executive Member
Anybody?

Is there anybody that's been on Rain-Mobile for more than a month and took the 15-day free-unlimited offer?

What was your experience the following month? Did your Data Usage start from "0 GB used" and you got another
You might have to wait till tomorrow for an answer. The forum hibernates on weekends.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Anybody?

After 15 days you get billed R50 per GB. If you took the unlimited option it will be prorata for the rest of the month and you will be billed R50 per gb used during peak 6pm to 11pm.

If you only activating unlimited add on now after you got your simcard it will only take place from the 1st of next month.

You don't have to cancel anything if you are on the pay per gb plan just remove the sim and no charges will be billed to your account.

ashley3

After 15 days you get billed R50 per GB. If you took the unlimited option it will be prorata for the rest of the month and you will be billed R50 per gb used during peak 6pm to 11pm.

If you only activating unlimited add on now after you got your simcard it will only take place from the 1st of next month.

You don't have to cancel anything if you are on the pay per gb plan just remove the sim and no charges will be billed to your account.
Thanks, [MENTION=41956]cavedog[/MENTION], I think I understand the "After 15 days you get billed R50 per GB" part.

I am trying to find out what happens the following/new month.
For example: We're in August now. What happens to my Data Usage indicator on 1st of September?
Does it revert back to 0GB used and I have a new 15-day free unlimited period?

Or is the current sim then seen as "peak-usage" and the R50/GB applies?
Thanks.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Thanks, [MENTION=41956]cavedog[/MENTION], I think I understand the "After 15 days you get billed R50 per GB" part.

I am trying to find out what happens the following/new month.
For example: We're in August now. What happens to my Data Usage indicator on 1st of September?
Does it revert back to 0GB used and I have a new 15-day free unlimited period?

Or is the current sim then seen as "peak-usage" and the R50/GB applies?
Thanks.
The 15 days is a once off offer and does not repeat monthly. So thaat said the 1st usage will be zerod and then you start paying per mb for the 1st day of the ,month.

ashley3

The 15 days is a once off offer and does not repeat monthly. So thaat said the 1st usage will be zerod and then you start paying per mb for the 1st day of the ,month.
Thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated.

On a side-note: What happens if I add a sim after my free-unlimited period?
Does the new sim start from 0GB?

Thanks.