Norwood Fibre

Looney

Expert Member
We do yeah! In fact they've knocked on my door at least half a dozen times in the last couple of years canvassing for the business. I usually chase them away but I think next time I'm going to invite them in and make them an offer they can't refuse!!

Anyway, I suspect Home-connect stalk or monitor the forums cause 3 minutes after posting my rant I get a call from them saying the techie should be here first thing in the am! Somethings surely broken my end...
They definitely watch the forums.

Dude, if I were you I would just move to Openserve if they will be better. 1gbps is cool, but rather have a proper working connection at a lower speed then a higher speed that’s rubbish.

sand_man

Honorary Master
They definitely watch the forums.

Dude, if I were you I would just move to Openserve if they will be better. 1gbps is cool, but rather have a proper working connection at a lower speed then a higher speed that’s rubbish.
I wouldn't classify it as rubbish though! There's a simple work around which has sorted my iperf test results out. They more accurate now and a truer reflection of how the account is behaving.

It's really just the single thread international performance which is dismal, but that's pretty much par for the course. Using IDM I can get at least 50%-60% of max line speed.

I think one simply has to lower one's expectations, for a happier life! I mean it worked for my wife!! Why can't it work for me? :laugh::p

Looney

Expert Member
I wouldn't classify it as rubbish though! There's a simple work around which has sorted my iperf test results out. They more accurate now and a truer reflection of how the account is behaving.

It's really just the single thread international performance which is dismal, but that's pretty much par for the course. Using IDM I can get at least 50%-60% of max line speed.

I think one simply has to lower one's expectations, for a happier life! I mean it worked for my wife!! Why can't it work for me? :laugh::p
ROFL!!! Dude, don’t be like your wife and settle for less. Move to Openserve!

naeem.ally

I hope your wife is not stalking this forum.

sand_man

Honorary Master
I hope your wife is not stalking this forum.
She might.... :oops: luckily she can't read or write... :p

And Looney will say she's blind too... :X3:

So techie was at my place nice and early this morning. They replaced the ONT... again.... I always get excited when they change the ONT... waiting for configuration now though. :sleep::sleep::sleep: so still connectionless...

sand_man

Honorary Master
I tweet Vumatel the serial number and FSAN asking them to fast track configuration and they send me this...

the link seem to be down the issue has been re assigned to the maintenance team to dispatch a tech.

Looney

Expert Member
I tweet Vumatel the serial number and FSAN asking them to fast track configuration and they send me this...
OMFLOL! I’m sorry I’m laughing at your misfortune. You are really not winning with fibre.

sand_man

Honorary Master
This from home-connect

This has been assigned to the NOC for configuration . unfortunately at this point we are not able to get a hold of anyone in the installation team who can configure your ONT on the vumatel side. I will revert back to shortly as I am currently on the phone trying to get anyone to configure the link for you
Vumatel suck donkeys balls. S hit company...

sand_man

Honorary Master
So they trying to get hold of anyone to configure.

Just my luck. Some noob is going to configure the ONT.... if they can find one...

sand_man

Honorary Master
So apparently there's no one in configurations department till Monday!! Hahahaha, what a fcking useless organization?!!