Not an SA citizen? Not a problem, buy an ID book

vespax

Expert Member
On second thought, I wonder if anyone has tried this:

Visit lots of country's, like everyone on the planet and get citizenship from each one. Like collecting stamps, except you are collecting citizenships! Of course you would need to serious pocket money to pay all the guys on the street outside the offices, but it would be an interesting thing to make a documentary about perhaps.

Just day dreaming......

K

kingrob

On second thought, I wonder if anyone has tried this:

Visit lots of country's, like everyone on the planet and get citizenship from each one. Like collecting stamps, except you are collecting citizenships! Of course you would need to serious pocket money to pay all the guys on the street outside the offices, but it would be an interesting thing to make a documentary about perhaps.

Just day dreaming......
Just talk to a crooked CIA agent.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
You need to obtain your PR for five years before you can natrualise, and althouth SA allow dual citizenship but not where I came from so I will have to forfeit and get SA citizenship if I decided. But the best part is if one day I would no longer want to be SA citizen and decide to go back, I just need to forfeit my SA citizenship and my original citizenship is automatically re-instated.....
Hey - guess I qualify too then but why would I want it? Two is enough anyway. :)

I'll hold onto my little blue book over the green thing. Just in case....
Same here. Still, its nice having one from a country the majority of the world isnt pissed at :)

guang

Look at the requirements to apply a work permit or what ever permit,it is ridiculous.Maybe that is why people rather buy one on the street.

purple

what should i do with a study permit?

They suggested I stop re-applying for my work permit after two years and told me I could apply for PR. So I did.

hi, so lucky u, i am holding a study permit, what should i do to get a SA pr?

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
hi, so lucky u, i am holding a study permit, what should i do to get a SA pr?
You could always marry a south african. :eek:

My PR was through employment - I had a work permit for a couple of years before starting the laborious process of trying to get a permanent residency.