Not everyone who goes to restaurants drinks alcohol - Dlamini-Zuma

bwana

MyBroadband
Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs Minister Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma has disputed a claim by a group of restaurants that people are not frequenting restaurants solely because no alcohol can be sold with meals.

She said restaurant groups have not considered that there are risks associated with frequenting public places during the Covid-19 pandemic.
In her 103-page affidavit submitted to the Western Cape High Court, opposing the application led by Cape Town-based Chefs Warehouse restaurants, Dlamini-Zuma said the restriction on on-site consumption of alcohol was rational and lawful.

"It is denied that the eating-out experience would 'be so absurd and unpleasant that nobody would actually want to do it'. The statement assumes, as a fact, that all people that frequent restaurants consume alcohol or go out for the alcohol, not the food," Dlamini-Zuma said.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
There's no denying that Nkosazana is a wily old fox. Everyone forgets that she's the one setting, and moving, the goal-posts.

Bewlen

The fact that this argument is even aired, speaks to two things. First, she is clearly stupid. The revenue is measured,the loss of revenue is quantifiable. Secondly, this is the best the ANC has to offer. This 143-year old granny. Next thing gonna be legislated, is that you will have to wear a jersey when you're going outside.
The above is a joke, but also... not. The vast majority of elderly folk I interact with, have kinda lost touch with reality, and you cannot sway them from a stoic view. Their "truths" are cast in stone, their beliefs are set and no opposing view entertained.
This is south africa now. Good luck to us all.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
Well I've never told any waiter to refill my Coke or Sprite, one glass and that's it. Beer though... that's how they get money from me.