Not going to a doctor for this, but..

|tera|

Master of Messengers
I've had the flu for about 2 and a half weeks. It's treated me well though and it wasn't as bad as I expected.

I'm almost fine again, just a bit of coughing and runny nose etc.

Anyways, the question.

The skin around my eyes, top and bottom is "dry", it's actually red so dry it is and it's the first time something like this has happened to me.

Could medication have caused is? Or is it just because it's winter and I don't use moisturiser or anything?

I've taken some Nivea face cream earlier from a family member and applied it, at least it doesn't itch anymore.

So, do you think it's the meds, or because I don't use cream/moisturiser? :p ;) :D I look like count Dracula with his red eyes, ahha ahha

Just_Ice

Executive Member
Not really but Im actually doing you a favour by not giving you some bullsh1t advice that I got outta Grey's Anatomy. I'll leave it to the docs (do we have any?) around here :D

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Rofl, you made me chuckle, hehehehe, softly, but I did :p Eyes burn from Nivea! :(

Just_Ice

Executive Member
Rofl, you made me chuckle, hehehehe, softly, but I did :p Eyes burn from Nivea! :(
lol. As per the bottle: Flush eyes with running water for 10 to 15 minutes.
A little advice is better than non at all....
So long as that little advice poses no risk :D

|tera|

Master of Messengers
lol. As per the bottle: Flush eyes with running water for 10 to 15 minutes.
A little advice is better than non at all....
So long as that little advice poses no risk :D
I refuse to! I will not listen! ;) :D :p

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
The skin around my eyes, top and bottom is "dry", it's actually red so dry it is and it's the first time something like this has happened to me.
If its itchy then I'd bet on an allergic type reaction. Had the same thing a few months back....never managed to figure out what triggered it.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
If its itchy then I'd bet on an allergic type reaction. Had the same thing a few months back....never managed to figure out what triggered it.
I hope I stop sneezing (I sneeze throughout the year) and get dracula eyes ;) :D :p kidding...

Could be allergic to something, it might be my washing routine, I've used about 3 different body washes these past 2 months, best to stick to one I suppose ;)

kelnoreem

It sounds like an allergic reaction ,if its only the periorbital (around eyes) region affected . A mild steroid cream should do the trick with oral antihistamines.Oh and stop any meds you used past 24hrs

if not improving over next 24 hrs you should see your gp.
hope you feel better soon

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Thanks kelnoreem, it sounds like good advice ;) I've stopped with the meds, they were finished today, going to wash my eyes, the cream burns.... :p

gregmcc

Honorary Master
sounds like an allergic reaction. what meds were you on?

|tera|

Master of Messengers
sounds like an allergic reaction. what meds were you on?
It's these "flu kits" you get at pharmacies, I used one of those then I got some other flu meds from the doctor, not sure what it was. Also, thinking it's related, I used Alcophylix cough syrup, which I haven't used before? :p

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Went to the doc this week and he gave me some antibiotics and things.

He gave me a tube of ointment to put inside my eyes and a little bit around it. My eyes are almost normal again, but it itches like mad.

I'm wondering though, what the heck did I contract? Is this thing airborne and is it just me? No one in my household has it and I've spent the last month or so at home, haven't been anywhere, except to a braai once, but again, it was a family thing.

I am :confused:

It's rather nasty if I think about it. I had the same thing a couple of years ago when someone sneezed in my face, I had a disgusting rotten taste in my mouth for 5 days and I had to get meds as well.

People are actually dirty buggers if you think about it. Boodles, were you near me?

nauseous_monkey

Expert Member
I've had the flu for about 2 and a half weeks. It's treated me well though and it wasn't as bad as I expected.

I'm almost fine again, just a bit of coughing and runny nose etc.

Anyways, the question.

Could medication have caused is? Or is it just because it's winter and I don't use moisturiser or anything?

I've taken some Nivea face cream earlier from a family member and applied it, at least it doesn't itch anymore.

So, do you think it's the meds, or because I don't use cream/moisturiser? :p ;) :D I look like count Dracula with his red eyes, ahha ahha
Tip: move the heater further away from you. Instead of the heater use a warm water bottle. The air is probably dry and thus so also your eyes.

If you are not using a heater then go to a doctor. Chances are he'll tell you to get eye-drops

Just_Ice

Executive Member
Tera, you hypocrite, what happened to "Not going to a doctor for this,but..."???
Liar :D