NotJordanPeterson lets you generate uncannily realistic Jordan Peterson sound bites

konfab

Honorary Master
Love him or hate him, Canadian psychologist Jordan Peterson has undeniably captivated the interest of supporters and critics alike, earning a reputation as a “rock star” academic – similarly to his colleague and debate rival Slavoj Zizek. Now he’s being replicated, by AI.

While you can easily find hours of footage with Peterson, none of what you hear in this piece comes from his mouth. Instead, it’s been produced by a neural network – called NotJordanPeterson – which has been trained to mimic the voice of the psychologist. And the resemblance is… absolutely uncanny.
https://thenextweb.com/shareables/2019/08/16/jordan-peterson-voice-ai/

konfab

Honorary Master
Aside from being downright terrifying, I do see some interesting things coming from this tech.

1) Audiobooks are going to become really cheap. I want someone to train a NN on Steven Fry :ROFL:.
2) Prosecuting or taking any action from what someone says has to become moot. In effect, this will either guarantee absolute freedom of speech or completely destroy it.

@OrbitalDawn
I made this one especially for you :love:
https://vocaroo.com/i/s1sLHS85IINq

Flanders

Honorary Master
Combine this with the way video deepfake tech is going and we're headed for scary times...

cerebus

Honorary Master
This will be a great enhancer when I bathe with my daddy doll

gamer16

Honorary Master
Fark me that is incredibly creepy, I shall be pasting bits of his book and making an audio book.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Aside from being downright terrifying, I do see some interesting things coming from this tech.

1) Audiobooks are going to become really cheap. I want someone to train a NN on Steven Fry :ROFL:.
2) Prosecuting or taking any action from what someone says has to become moot. In effect, this will either guarantee absolute freedom of speech or completely destroy it.

@OrbitalDawn
I made this one especially for you :love:
https://vocaroo.com/i/s1sLHS85IINq
That's pretty creepy!

Here's a pretty cool interview with an AI pioneer, Geoffrey Hinton.

1) Will suck for the voice actors, no longer having work. Can set up some sort of royalty scheme to compensate.
2) Pretty tricky. The Deepfake videos are also going to add a difficult element to this stuff, especially when it comes to footage of powerful people doing nefarious things.

now05ster

This is uncanny. Reminds me of a Radiolab podcast I listened to that details this technology. Well worth a listen to. Link to the episode below.

konfab

Honorary Master
1) Will suck for the voice actors, no longer having work. Can set up some sort of royalty scheme to compensate.
2) Pretty tricky. The Deepfake videos are also going to add a difficult element to this stuff, especially when it comes to footage of powerful people doing nefarious things.
1) Well I think it would make voice actor's lives a lot easier. They create a really good digital imprint of their voice, then can sell that as a service.

2) Here is the worst part about it. If you create a system to detect these things, that system can then be used to refine the generation to make it defeat the detection. There isn't any way of getting around it.

In a way, it might also make the media more trustworthy in some aspects as the only thing people will believe will be the exact things powerful people say in front of lots of other people.