China
Slovenia
Indonesia
Sudan
Libya
DRC and Angola have started lockdowns as well

VernD

Executive Member
Hmm, who could have guessed than an incompetent and corrupt buffoon like Kemp would go this route?

Stacey Abrams would have been leagues better.
And in the meantime, we've run out of ICU beds, as in, we can't treat any more patients or potential patients, covid-19 or not.

He called a town hall tomorrow to field questions. Imagine that.

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Namibia also starts partial lockdown in two of the most populated regions, Khomas and Erongo, the two area where most of those bloddy overseas touring Europeans live... :eek: :p;)

Listening to my staff, they still believe this to be a "Shiroombu" sickness and does not have anything to do with them...:X3:

rambo919

Executive Member
Please could someone let me know what TDS stands for?
Trump Derangement Syndrome

People affected have a tendency to hysterically criticize anything trump does no matter what it is, they also accuse him of destroying democracy and generally being hyperbolically evil etc..... basically it's a common mental disorder among leftists.

Simplyliverpool81

Trump Derangement Syndrome

People affected have a tendency to hysterically criticize anything trump does no matter what it is, they also accuse him of destroying democracy and generally being hyperbolically evil etc..... basically it's a common mental disorder among leftists.
Thought it had something to do with Trump obviously, thanks for this.

quovadis

Expert Member
Experts from the east encourages everyone/compulsory to wear masks when they are out. We can see the results speak for themselves.
A significant reduction in risk is better than no mask.
If you've ever spent any amount of time in China you will know that the usage of a variety of face masks is almost universal. Despite this Wuhan still happened. The fact remains that unless you are in a high risk environment there is negligible benefit in the usage of masks to protect you against COVID19 infection. The benefit is even less apparent if you consider that most who use such masks in a clinical setting require training in their usage for them to be effective and it's painfully evident by just observing those with masks in public and their behaviour that they're wasting precious resources.

harties

If you've ever spent any amount of time in China you will know that the usage of a variety of face masks is almost universal. Despite this Wuhan still happened. The fact remains that unless you are in a high risk environment there is negligible benefit in the usage of masks to protect you against COVID19 infection. The benefit is even less apparent if you consider that most who use such masks in a clinical setting require training in their usage for them to be effective and it's painfully evident by just observing those with masks in public and their behaviour that they're wasting precious resources.
Actually, I have. I also have many relatives spread amongst Asian countries (Does not make me an expert). Yes, face mask wearing is more common than the west but it was usually worn when people are already sick to prevent others from getting infected. It’s a bit different with covid-19 since a lot of people are asymptomatic for long periods of time. Now it’s compulsory to masks all the time in public. It’s all about reducing the spread of infection.

If you ever been to a Far East nation you will know how dense the cities are, there’s no way social distancing works there without the country operating normally. You have to wear masks to prevent people from breathing and coughing right by your face. South Korea, HK, Singapore, Taiwan faced the initial outbreak and curbed it without draconian lockdowns. All pro face mask wearing.

theratman

Executive Member
Actually, I have. I also have many relatives spread amongst Asian countries (Does not make me an expert). Yes, face mask wearing is more common than the west but it was usually worn when people are already sick to prevent others from getting infected. It’s a bit different with covid-19 since a lot of people are asymptomatic for long periods of time. Now it’s compulsory to masks all the time in public. It’s all about reducing the spread of infection.

If you ever been to a Far East nation you will know how dense the cities are, there’s no way social distancing works there without the country operating normally. You have to wear masks to prevent people from breathing and coughing right by your face. South Korea, HK, Singapore, Taiwan faced the initial outbreak and curbed it without draconian lockdowns. All pro face mask wearing.
Also don't discount air quality. Air pollution in cities is much more rife in the East, with many chosing to don masks to protect themselves.